Free iPod engraving

Discussion in 'iPod' started by azwandi, Sep 23, 2005.

1. azwandi macrumors newbie

Will I get free engraving if i buy ipods at local store rather than online store?
    Thanks everybody! :D

2. lexfuzo macrumors 6502

Welcome to the forum, azwandi.
    I think you get an engraved iPod from the store as well, but why not just go there and ask?

3. carpe diem macrumors 6502

What r u talking about?
    Sorry if i am wrong but i dont understand.

4. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

You can have the back engraved with something, a name a saying...whatever...well almost whatever.

Check it out here

5. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

I think you have to order it online. I don't think they have the engraving equipment needed at each Appel Store. I'm sure you can order it there and they will just have it engraved and then shipped to the store...but why not just get it online if that is the case. But, just ask first to be sure.

6. lexfuzo macrumors 6502

Yes, that's what I meant. They won't do the engraving themselves, but they'll assist you with all you need to know and order it for you.
    You could also go to your favourite goldsmith and have him engrave anything in your iPod. But that's probably not free :rolleyes:
    Or, even better: get a Dremel and do the engraving yourself! I'm sure that's the most fun :D

7. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

i think they'll order one with the engraving of your choice if you want it at the Apple Store..i don't think there's this engraving machine at the Apple Store...

8. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

9. azwandi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all. I was asking whether the free engraving service is provided if i buy the ipod at apple store. :D