free ipod thing. is it real?

Discussion in 'Community' started by yaguchi145, Jul 2, 2004.

1. yaguchi145 macrumors newbie

hey, this is my first time posting. i decided mac fans would know more about this than me. is this real? it seems to be legit. tell me the truth

URL EDITED
    this seems to be causing a contraversy, and i dont really want to get banned like the other guy. so i took the url out. anyway, thanks for the info everyone.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...it is a "pyramid" scheme...people get burned with those all the time....be careful, be very very careful (meaning, I wouldn't do it myself)...oh yeah!

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Here's a link to the usual warning

Just compare "this" site to the other ones run by the name at the bottom.

Yay FlyerTalk forums for sending us another newbie trying to get an iPod. [​IMG]

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Come on, yaguchi145... how could you possibly think this was legit?

It never ceases to amaze me how many people get sucked into this sort of stuff. I prefer to actually get things when I buy them, not wait and hope someone after me decides to buy me something after I help pay for something to give to a complete stranger. But that's just me.

5. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

>applemacdude

These idiots come here asking us to be the sheep that get them an iPod, they explain the program as...
    ...then ask us to sign up under them, or offer to organize an iPod drive. :rolleyes:

Personally I think we should organize an FTC Pyramid Scheme Complaint Drive and let them explain it to the Feds how they really didn't do anything wrong -- except help organize and operate a victim drive for fraudulent scheme.

But I was told this was too harsh :(

EDIT: Oops, I hope this isn't yaguchi145's blog...

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Does seem like we see a new post every day or so now... must be some reason they are coming our way with this.

If it sounds too good to be true... it usually is...

8. yaguchi145 thread starter macrumors newbie

EDIT: Oops, I hope this isn't yaguchi145's blog...
    sorry, it's not mine

and also, yes it does seem like there's new posts everyday on that flyertalk forum. and yes, it seems too good to be true. that's why i was curious.

9. MetallicPenguin macrumors 6502

Now I'm wondering about those other one's the pop-up ones, where you have to just sign up for some free trial thing, but of course it sounds like you could just not continue after the trial (it's usually something like classmates.com, etc.) and still receive the free gift, so I was actually willing to try it. I didn't though. What do you guys think? :confused:

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

That stupid FlyerTalk forum seems to be a self-promoting Macrumor's virus right now, which hopefully doesn't continue to grow as fast as the victims in a pyramid scheme. :rolleyes: