Free Laptop

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bep207, Oct 6, 2006.

1. bep207 macrumors 6502

Jul 20, 2006
    So i got a free laptop from school. My graduate program decided that they were going to purchase all of us laptops for getting our Master's.

What should I do with it? I have to keep Windows on it and a few programs. Part of the deal is they make sure we are using it in our teaching curriculum.

But what about the rest of the computer? Can I make it complement my iMac in some effecient manner? Any suggestions?

2. bearbo macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    you have an imac now? or you are thinking about getting imac... as in, i dont mean offense by stating the obvious, but imac is no laptop... other than that, i'd get a macbook pro, loaded:D
  3. bep207 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 20, 2006
    have an imac and a macbook pro already

i would just sell this gateway laptop they are giving me but we have to keep it

any suggestions what to do with it?
  4. fall3n macrumors 6502

Aug 17, 2006
    um, what? Perhaps you can tell us about the computer, what type is it, what features it has, etc. And also what you use it for and what you use your iMac for and what you think you would want your laptop to do to "compliment" your iMac.

The only reason I can see from my personal view is to test websites and development on seeing as I'm a web developer/designer. That's what I use my windows box for; to make sure my websites work seamlessly on both mac browsers and windows browsers.
  5. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

Jun 4, 2005
    Orange County, CA
  6. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Aug 15, 2006
    The Rainbow Nation RSA
    Use it as a server for whatever, host a site...
  7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005

I have an idea.

Just a thought.