Free Nano and Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ColdFlame87, Aug 8, 2006.

1. ColdFlame87 macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I had been one of the many people hoping the revised Macbook Pro would be released at WWDC. Unfortunately as we all know nothing concerning portables was released. My original plan was to wait until WWDC and order a new MBP along with the student discount, free nano, and printer. Unfortunately the free nano deal ends on September 16, one day before Paris I believe? So I either have a choice to wait till Paris to see if new MBP's are released or buy one now and take advantage of the free nano deal. Hopefully they will release revised MBP's on a silent tuesday but what are the chances of that as well? What do you guys think i should do? I have no need for the nano but my dads birthday is coming up and it would be a nice little present to give to him, since I have little money (college student :D ) to pay for a new one.
    I know this is slightly off topic but I was also wondering if its possible to use two offers at once from apple, say get the free nano AND the printer or can you only do one per purchase/ household etc. Thanks a lot guys

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Apple Expo Paris runs from September 12th through 16th.

And yes, you can use both the printer and iPod rebate deals...I believe you send the original UPC with the iPod rebate and a photocopy of it with the printer rebate, along with a note stating that the original was used for the iPod rebate. Someone who's actually done this can probably give more definitive information on the procedures.

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I was initially going to wait till at least October to buy a MBP, but I think I'll buy one like, Sept. 15 and give the Nano to my mom. She'd like it. I've decided that the case looks nice enough as it is and if Merom isn't out by then, oh well.

I thought the printer deal ended in July. Is there another one going on? I already have two, but an extra one wouldn't hurt I guess.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

There is a new printer deal through October 16th.

5. Egosphere macrumors member

Just so no one will get confused and get this wrong, let me correct you and get it straight that the original UPC (with cardboard) goes to the printer rebate and a photocopy to the iPod rebate.

6. ColdFlame87 thread starter macrumors regular

Its good to hear paris is before the deal ends, I guess i will wait to see if they release anything from here until paris, and still take advantage of the deals. :D

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Thanks for the clarification...here is what Apple's FAQ has to say about it:

Checking the terms of the printer rebate PDF:

So maybe it doesn't matter which one gets the original and which one gets the copy.

8. sann1657 macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for clearing that up everyone. To kill time while I wait for my MacBook, I downloaded the Rebate forms for my free Printer and Nano, and was beginning to worry about the UPC label thing. I notice the T&Cs say it will take 8 weeks to get the rebate, so I guess we won't be hearing from anyone which is the right combination of copies/ originals for a while!

9. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

Correct that it doesnt matter which goes with which. I called Apple about this and they said both rebates go to the same rebate company who know that Apple currently has two rebates going on.

10. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

if something new comes out before the rebate is over you won't qualify so......