Free nano or wait for CPU upgrade?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by merrymoon, Aug 11, 2006.

1. merrymoon macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I'm going to buy a new macbook and was wondering if it would be better to buy it now and get the free iPod nano or wait for the processor upgrade?

Thanks

-PS There's no chance that the new processor will be released before September 16, right?

2. adiddas125 macrumors member

I would buy. I highly doubt that the mb will get updated. I dont even think that there will even be a speed bump to 2.16ghz or 2.33 for the top macbooks. I would go buy one, get the free nano, thats what I did! :)

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You have until September 16th. I just bought my iMac Core Duo since I NEED it for school next week. I waited until WWDC and the bitter end. Maybe Merom before my 14 days are up? :D

4. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

It depends on which has a higher priority for you. I would probably just go for the Macbook + iPod.

Paris Expo is Sept. 12-16, so if you can hold out till Sept. 12 to see if anything is announced that day, then do so.

5. Kane.Elson macrumors regular

You can buy a 4GB flash drive that can play music.... or you can wait for an upgrade to a machine that can play music and so much more :)

6. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

Buy the Mac and the iPod, sell the iPod. $150+ off the machine and you'll have the computer now, as opposed to in a few months.

7. Oofie macrumors regular

This is what my girlfriend did. Bought a base MB with EDU discount, got the free nano and printer and sold the Nano. I say buy one now, thats like a $150+ rebate!

8. YoYoMa macrumors 6502

Theres no way I wouldn't wait till Paris to get both the Ipod and the merom MB by waiting a few weeks.