Free nano or wait for CPU upgrade?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by merrymoon, Aug 11, 2006.

1. merrymoon macrumors newbie

Jun 2, 2006
    Hi all,
    I'm going to buy a new macbook and was wondering if it would be better to buy it now and get the free iPod nano or wait for the processor upgrade?

-PS There's no chance that the new processor will be released before September 16, right?
  2. adiddas125 macrumors member

Aug 2, 2006
    I would buy. I highly doubt that the mb will get updated. I dont even think that there will even be a speed bump to 2.16ghz or 2.33 for the top macbooks. I would go buy one, get the free nano, thats what I did! :)
  3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Mar 23, 2005
    You have until September 16th. I just bought my iMac Core Duo since I NEED it for school next week. I waited until WWDC and the bitter end. Maybe Merom before my 14 days are up? :D
  4. extraextra macrumors 68000

Jun 29, 2006
    It depends on which has a higher priority for you. I would probably just go for the Macbook + iPod.

Paris Expo is Sept. 12-16, so if you can hold out till Sept. 12 to see if anything is announced that day, then do so.
  5. Kane.Elson macrumors regular

Jul 27, 2006
    You can buy a 4GB flash drive that can play music.... or you can wait for an upgrade to a machine that can play music and so much more :)
  6. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

Jul 26, 2005
    Buy the Mac and the iPod, sell the iPod. $150+ off the machine and you'll have the computer now, as opposed to in a few months.
  7. Oofie macrumors regular

Jul 25, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    This is what my girlfriend did. Bought a base MB with EDU discount, got the free nano and printer and sold the Nano. I say buy one now, thats like a $150+ rebate!
  8. YoYoMa macrumors 6502

Aug 3, 2006
    Theres no way I wouldn't wait till Paris to get both the Ipod and the merom MB by waiting a few weeks.