Free nano or wait for CPU upgrade?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by merrymoon, Aug 11, 2006.

  1. merrymoon macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2006
    #1
    Hi all,
    I'm going to buy a new macbook and was wondering if it would be better to buy it now and get the free iPod nano or wait for the processor upgrade?

    Thanks

    -PS There's no chance that the new processor will be released before September 16, right?
     
  2. adiddas125 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2006
    #2
    I would buy. I highly doubt that the mb will get updated. I dont even think that there will even be a speed bump to 2.16ghz or 2.33 for the top macbooks. I would go buy one, get the free nano, thats what I did! :)
     
  3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Indianapolis
    #3
    You have until September 16th. I just bought my iMac Core Duo since I NEED it for school next week. I waited until WWDC and the bitter end. Maybe Merom before my 14 days are up? :D
     
  4. extraextra macrumors 68000

    extraextra

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2006
    Location:
    California
    #4
    It depends on which has a higher priority for you. I would probably just go for the Macbook + iPod.

    Paris Expo is Sept. 12-16, so if you can hold out till Sept. 12 to see if anything is announced that day, then do so.
     
  5. Kane.Elson macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2006
    #5
    You can buy a 4GB flash drive that can play music.... or you can wait for an upgrade to a machine that can play music and so much more :)
     
  6. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

    kalisphoenix

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2005
    #6
    Buy the Mac and the iPod, sell the iPod. $150+ off the machine and you'll have the computer now, as opposed to in a few months.
     
  7. Oofie macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2006
    Location:
    Bay Area, CA
    #7
    This is what my girlfriend did. Bought a base MB with EDU discount, got the free nano and printer and sold the Nano. I say buy one now, thats like a $150+ rebate!
     
  8. YoYoMa macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2006
    #8
    Theres no way I wouldn't wait till Paris to get both the Ipod and the merom MB by waiting a few weeks.
     

Share This Page