Free nano

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by drummerbooker14, Jul 21, 2006.

1. drummerbooker14 macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

i am buying a new macbook from the apple store, and my dad has the education discount for staff of college. will that work as well with the free nano, and do i have to order the nano before i can find out if i am applicable. is there anyone who has done this

thanks

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

If you buy the MacBook and iPod under your dad's edu discount, then you do qualify.

However, the MacBook and iPod MUST be on the same oder/reciept.

3. twentyone macrumors newbie

They have to be part of the same order to count. Both parts (iPod + Macbook) need to be purchased under the education discount as well.

4. drummerbooker14 thread starter macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

The iPod rebate works for all edu discounts (whether K-8 teacher, college student, or college staff).

From the Apple Back to School FAQs:

You must be a qualified Apple Education Individual end-user purchaser. Qualified participants include:
    • K12: Any employee of a public or private K-12 institution in the United States. School board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members. PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers.
    • Higher Education: Faculty and staff of Higher Education institutions; and students attending, or accepted in to a Higher Education institution.

6. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

What are you supposed to put down for "address" on the rebate forum if you buy online? The Canadian one might be different than the US, I don't know. We put down "www.apple.com", and for "store" we put "Apple Computers Inc". They don't make it very clear.