Free older macs for a good home!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by PeterVanTassel, Jul 6, 2003.

1. PeterVanTassel macrumors newbie

NOTE: I originally posted this in the forsale/trade area, but want to give everybody a chance...

Hi! I am a teacher in Los Angeles, and for the last few years I've been collecting & buying older Macs, fixing them up, and then distributing them to the lower income kids I teach in East LA. As a result I have a closet full of old macs, as I'm sure many of you do, also. However, this summer I am moving to the Bay Area, and all the macs I haven't given to kids MUST GO. I am wiling to give them to any mac fiend who will give them a good home, especially anyone who would continue to do the same sort of thing with them. However, I am not picky...come July 31st they are going on the curb if nobody wants them.

The catch: You have to pick these up yourself, I will NOT ship them or deliver them. I have enough boxes to carry allready. ;)

What there is:
    1 Se/30
    3 SEs
    1 SE w/ radius 16 accelerator
    1 performa 475
    1 classic 2
    1 IIci
    1 old powerpc
    1 image writer
    1 hp printer
    1 1998 epson printer
    way too many ^%$^&% cords, mice, keyboards, discs, etc

Not all these things really work as they are (if they did, kids would have them), but they all have working processors, etc, I just switched around some ram, etc and never quite finished (a teacher's life is busy).

If lots of people want them, people can buy them off me if they want, but if you're quick you can have it all for freeeeeee. Please feel free to pass this along to anyone you know who may be interested!!!!

Contact me by e-mail, or respond to the same post in the for sale/trade area...

P.vantassel@comcast.net

THanks for reading all this!!!:D

*edit*: Thank you for responces, but unless something really strange happens, I am not willing to lug these things anywhere but down to the front yard...not to your house, not to storage, not across the state (my 9 years in this apartment leave me little extra room in a moving van). They are free, just come get them.

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

Re: Free older macs for a good home!!!

woohoo...i live in the los angeles area...
    you don't happen to have black pro mice do you? *looks anxiously* and any black pro keyboards? i have white and black pro mice and keyboards that don't match and it bugs me a lot...

3. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

So... tempting.... :D

I live in L.A., too, but I don't have any need for this stuff. Also, my mom would probably kill me if I brought any more old Macs into the house.

What model is the PowerMac, though? And what part of L.A. are you in?

4. Java macrumors regular

bay area resident

Would you consider bringing an SE up with you to the bay area? I would consider picking the SE and the Classic II up from you if you could do that. Trying to get a collection of older Macs started.

Let me know.:)

5. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Oooh...I live in Oakland! Id like to get anything off your hands:D Especially that accelerated SE. Anything. Let me know...

6. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Oooh...I live in Oakland! Id like to get anything off your hands:D Especially that accelerated SE. Anything. Let me know...