Free online internet research tools?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maxterpiece, Jan 2, 2006.

1. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

Hi everyone,

I'm curious if anyone can suggest some alternative, free internet research tools - just general tools. Obviously there's google - images, news, maps and general search, then there's wikipedia, and then there's a whole array of more specific research sites. And of course there are discussion boards like this one.

I would really appreciate it if I could get some help with some sites you all use to get information on a regular basis. These sites can be for specific things (like technology reviews or health sites), or more general. I'm just interested in reputable and useful resources.

I'm asking becuase I have to give a presentation on this (tomorrow evening... yikes!), but i think this thread could be useful for anyone who accesses these forums.

2. super_kev macrumors 6502

super_kev

Well, I just google for what I'm looking for, and then I read the document and see who published it. If I can see who wrote it and where it was published, great. If not, then I go on to something else. Even university sources like Ebscohost and such are limited in the amount of data they have, because there is no universal super-content index for reputable data.