FREE Pass to MacWorld Boston

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by dotdotdot, May 21, 2005.

1. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    #1 has a user that posted this:

"Macworld Expo Boston has free passes using code: (removed)"

Clicking here:

You can register and using that code get a free pass.

I don't know if its legal, and I didn't and won't try it, but if someone wants to, go ahead and get free pass to Macworld...
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    This might not be the coolest place to go round proclaiming stuff like that dotdotdot because if anyone's gonna sue a Mac community, it'll be Apple. :(
  3. ham_man macrumors 68020

Jan 21, 2005
  4. dotdotdot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    I know, it can be deleted if its illegal or bad, but I thought it was cool...

I also said it isn't 100% on the perfectly legal side...
  5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    We can discuss the fact that somebody posted a code, but let's not share the code itself, please.
  6. dotdotdot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005

I was about to edit the entire post to say "Please delete" but I saw you edited it so it can stay.

Its cool though that someone posted it...
  7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    I just read this on a website...
    Out of curiousity I signed up, and it does seem to work, my grand total is $0.

Now, 30 seconds later, I have the thought, "Hmm... Will I incurr the wrath of Apple Legal?"

question: Will anything explode because I signed my father and I up for passes?

Go, time machine, go! cancel the order! unprint my receipt!
  8. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    I don't know why you need a special code, I signed up at the macworld website a week back without a code and my total was $0. I went last year for the same price. Hopefully Apple themselves will be there unlike last year. I'm not that worried, I have other stuff to do in Boston while I am there.
  9. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I'm planning on attending MacWorld Boston. According to how my wife's schedule works out we may want to attend some of the seminars.
  10. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    why can't this be held in september... so i can go "after my classes are over for the day" :p ;)
  11. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Sorry, but since MacWorld's inception on the East Coast which started in Boston and has now returned, its been held around the July time frame. I can see your point about September, but there would probably be less attendance.