Free Powerbook Scam?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ensign Paris, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Hi

I was just browsing ebay for any mac stuff (like I do quite often) and I would this:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2043668515

I am guessing that it is a total scam and that I should not bid, does anyone have any experience? I did see a similar thread but I can't find it now :)

It is mighty tempting :)

Ensign

2. iGav macrumors G3

Personally I'd stay well away..........

Although the best deal I ever found out about for a PowerBook G4 was shortley after they were released, a van filled with the things was rumoured to be doing the rounds in london selling for about £500 each...... I didn't believe that until a couple of people I knew bought a couple each for a cool £900......

Suffice to say, they were even more dodgy than falling off a back of a lorry....... :p :p

Obviously I do not condone this type of behaviour....... :D :p :p

3. djwoolf macrumors member

Take a look at the payment instructions on the bottom of the page. It says to "remember your are not bidding on actual electronics" so it sounds like you might be playing middle man for a supply company. The stuff is free for you to posses until the supply company wants it back.

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

Yeah. He keeps mentioning some sort of "program". What is that supposed to mean? He doesn't say specifically, and I looked through almost everything on that page twice.

5. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

does seem pretty fishy.

there have been A LOT of powerbook scams on ebay. most have generic photos so thats always a good tip its fake. seems like this guy actually has the machine though.

you might want to email the vendor and email ebay. seems like soemthing is wrong.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

From time to time u will see item listings such as this. I wouldn't trust them any further than I could throw Fat Bastard :(

It's a real shame that there are people making actual money off b.s. like this... :rolleyes:

7. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Bat Bastard lost a lot of weight recently...

I guess he's just...bastard...now :)