Free Trial of Race WTCC game at Steam

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dont Hurt Me, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Just thought Id mention this for those PC/ Mac Gamers. Over at Steamhttp://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php They are offering a free trial of this racing game. No its not a Mac version its Windows via Boot camp but still another racing Title that should work on the newer Macs ( We hope). Anyways its a preload at the moment and the game will be available in a few hours and ending at 1pm on Sunday. They are allowing full play of the game during this time period. Also Steam has many Demo's and HL2 Lost Coast is a short play thats short yet fun. Enjoy.

I thought it would be Nice to have another PC/Mac gaming thread vs the consolitis thats taken over Macrumors gaming section these days.

2. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

No one's tried this one? I just gave it a try and let me tell you Redline looks like a kids arcade nintendo game compared to this one. Realism,Graphics and tough. Very Very real like if your into racing. Just thought Id mention it again while its still free this weekend. You can crank your graphics to the point of it looking lifelike. If your into racing its worth a look.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It has rubbish gameplay. Deleted immediately. Can't believe I left my iMac on overnight for the download too :( might play better with a proper virtual car controller (like at Huddersfield uni) but with a keyboard it's about as intolerable as they get.

Give me Forza. Or better still single player F-Zero or a multiplayer on Mario Kart.

4. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

For a real life racer I thought it looked and acted very life like and I was using a keyboard. Its a simulator, not a arcade thingy. Also I didnt mess with any of the settings like camber air pressure in tires or what have you. Just did a quick race. Realism doesnt allways equate to good game play.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

no, it doesn't. Which is why I stopped playing the game. Simply was no fun to play.

6. Revlimit Punk macrumors regular

Revlimit Punk

True racing simulators require a good force feedback wheel (and pedals) to be enjoyable.

If you try and play such a game with a keyboard or a gamepad you'll get really bad results ranging from "totally unplayable" (with driving aids turned off) to "totally boring" (with driving aids turned on).

7. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Yeah, I think I could get myself to enjoy those racing sims (namely Gran Turismo) if I had the full setup, including a carseat-like chair and a TV big enough to make the graphics "life size". :D But otherwise, I hate 'em with a passion.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yup. I didn't care much for racing sims till I tried out Huddersfield uni's setup. they have a car skeleton with pneumatic pumps, wheel, pedals. like the real thing. With a huge projector hooked up to a PC. Sims are only ever as good as the interface powering them.