Free Wireless Hotspots - Location List

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by emw, Aug 8, 2006.

1. emw macrumors G4

emw

I don't know if this has been posted before (try searching on airport wireless :p ), but another eConversation prompted me to create this thread, since free hotspots seem to be a good thing to know about.

There is a website, WiFi Free Spot, that provides a fairly comprehensive listing of free wireless hotspots around the world, although the focus currently seems to be the U.S.

It has separate breakdowns for airports, as well as other subgroups like hotels, etc., but airports seem to be a prime consideration for many people.

Enjoy.

2. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Good and helpful topic. I was just in San Jose, Costa Rica last week and didn't know they had free wireless.

3. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Hmm... what eConversation was that? :D

The Portland list is missing that Coffee People has free wireless at all locations, and there is a bench outside of the Pioneer Place Apple Store where you can have access to their wireless, and they haven't gotten mad yet...

4. emw thread starter macrumors G4

emw

You can always tell them about these spots... I especially like the Apple Bench one :D

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

emw, thanks for that. My sister recently asked me which places around where I live have it, and it's nice to have a more complete list. Thanks.

6. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

cool find! good to know there is wireless in the airport near me.