Freehold, NJ

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by aido2002, Jun 13, 2010.

1. macrumors member

The Apple Store at the Freehold Raceway Mall. Any takers?

2. macrumors regular

right here. im going. although i don't know which phone size and color to get :confused:

3. macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

If i can talk my fiance into returning her 3gs i just bought her at walmart a few weeks ago (2 days after they went on sale for $97), i'll be at the walmart in howell :-D

4. thread starter macrumors member

Personally, I don't think the white one is all that pretty. You're on your own for the size, though.

5. macrumors 65816

Debating on it. Its probably just easier to have it delivered though.

6. macrumors 65816

Have no choice but to be there.

7. macrumors 6502

will be there, but probably later in the day.

8. macrumors 68030

forty2j

Yep.

No reservation, need 2 phones (me + wife), we're trying to get to Freehold around 6am.

9. thread starter macrumors member

Just FYI -- I reserved mine, and the email told me that the store opens at 7. (Plus, the mall usually doesn't open until 10, I believe)

10. macrumors regular

Anyone ever hit the Freehold Apple store in the past on an iPhone launch day? I'm just wondering what to expect since I haven't been there since the iPhone 3G came out. I didn't go there on launch day but even 6 weeks after the phone came out, it still took me two tries, first thing in the morning, to get my iPhone there.

Also I don't have a pre order or reservation and I need a Phone for myself and my wife. I'm guessing it doesn't look too good so I might wait a week or two. I remember when the 3G came out you used to be able to check the store's website to see if they were going to have the phone in stock the next day so you could plan ahead of time if you wanted to go early the next morning or not. I wonder if they will try that again?

11. macrumors regular

i'll be there at earlier than 7am

reserved 2 32GB blacks.

also got two and radio shack.. hoping i can buy them for $700 ea =P

12. macrumors newbie

i reserved a 32g. does anyone know if they will keep it there for me all day or is it possible that they will run out? and do they open the mall doors so you can lineup at apple in the morning?

13. macrumors regular

"Pickup Date and Time
    June 24 starting at 7:00 a.m.
    Please note that your reservation will be held until close of business on June 24."

That's what it said in my email.. I also called them the day I reserved that and that's what they said.

14. macrumors 68030

forty2j

So I'm going to go stand in line anyway, but does anyone know if they'll actually have units for those without a reservation?

15. macrumors newbie

what time is everyone going?

16. macrumors regular

i was there when the original iphone launched and the line was from the apple store way down passed Starbucks. i plan on going early because i have no reservation... lucky me

17. macrumors newbie

James1292

anyone else think they should put a store in princeton? being here you are pretty far from bridgewater, menlo park and freehold.

anyways, i have had every iphone the day they came out but this year i forgot to preorder!!! well i havnt been following it as much this year but can i still reserve it? if not what time do you recommend i get to the store to purchase it?

18. macrumors regular

There's also the Sagemore store in Marlton, NJ

http://www.apple.com/retail/sagemore/

I don't have a reservation either, so I think I'm going to wait a week before I make an attempt at just showing up early for a iPhone 4.

19. macrumors newbie

I WOULD GET THERE EARLIER LOL... i bet people will be lined up by 12am

20. macrumors newbie

where is the line going to start? does the mall open its doors early so we can line outside apple or do we line up outside the mall?

21. macrumors newbie

James1292

the doors to the mall open early, they open at 7AM for the iphone launch. but will there be a line outside of will it be a run to get in line in front of the apple store?

22. macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

When the 3G iPhone launched they had a line outside of the mall. On the sidewalk there were areas marked "AT&T" and "Apple" where you could wait outside.

The line for the iPhone 3G was pretty long, but it did move fairly quickly. I may attempt to go later in the day, but we'll see.

Someone should update this thread when you're there to tell us the situation of how crowded or not it is. :) I hope they have the white models in stock, if not I may just settle for black.

23. macrumors 68000

BeyondtheTech

As I warned in another post, your Apple store has 907 iPhone reservations. That's just reservations! Your mall will be quite fun that day.

24. macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Ouch! :eek: Where were you able to grab this figure? I may just wait another day, I have no pre-order so I'm at the mercy of their remaining stock.

25. macrumors 6502

damn, well i'm 2 of them. This is going to be fun.