French card deck lists 52 most dangerous US officials

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Backtothemac, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

is that the same guy who's arguing that a truck bomb was used against the pentagon?

3. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Re: French card deck lists 52 most dangerous US officials

Funny concept. The French really know how to pick a fight. Heh.

But this guy is quite over the top. To be accurate, he said that a plane never crashed into the Pentegon, not that the 9/11 attacks ever happened. Big difference. I've heard some people in this country make the same claims. Not that I believe them, mind you.

I think those theories started as a reaction to the reletive secrecy with which the government handled the pentegon attack. Compared to the WTC attacks, we had a lot less information about what happened at the Pentegon. This was likely intentional, and probably a good idea given the sensitive nature of the facility and the information it holds. Hence the conspiracy theories start flying.

Taft

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The lack of info on the Pentagon attack is a fallacy. There's plenty, if you look. The problem is that the WTC attack over shadowed it in many ways, and media coverage was much more focused on that. So much more information was generated on the larger damage.

I remember when a link to his Pentagon hoax site was posted and there were quite a few members who thought it was real.....i don't think I've ever been so pissed on MacRumors, discussing that crap....;)

I still remember watching the Pentagon burn from my office in DC....

And this new deck of cards is only going to cause some sensationalized backlash...:rolleyes:

D

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

"Freedom Cards"

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Love how they describe Bush as a baseball club owner. Oh well, the whole thing is probably not helpful, but you can't blame the French for feeling sore at how they were treated. At least they didn't go around renaming everything American.

It's like the Caucasion Club. The worst thing you could do would be to make a big stink about it. Just ignore it and let it go away on its own.

7. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

I agree with everything you said, except this. I was simply commenting on why the conspiracy theorists had a field day with the Pentagon crash.

Problem is, there was never an outlet for information on the Pentegon crash. The press was much more interested in the WTC attack, and justifiably so. Also, if I remember correctly, the Pentegon did limit the amount of information released to the press as to the details of the attack. Also, much debate was had over the "wingspan theory," which alledged that the plane that crashed into the Pentagon had a bigger wingspan than the hole left in the side of the building. This of course is true, but there are many reasons why it could be true.

Plus, compared to the publically available info for the WTC attack, it is stll hard to find a lot of info on the Pentagon. Try a google search; mostly generic news blurbs and conspiracy websites.

Anyway, I think all of these items added up to a bunch of people with too much time on their hands and too many chemicals in their brains to pontificate on the "actual" cause of the Pentagon attack. I'm not justifying their reaction, simply explaining it.

Taft

8. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

that's good... express your dissent by... doing the same thing...

time to put on my republican elephant tshirt and go protest bush in europe with a grin on my face.

i don't have a GOP tshirt. really...

9. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Wait a minute... So we are going to discriminate against it because it has something to do with white people? I am confused....

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Who said anything about discriminating?

In fact, I am in favor of a Caucasion Club.

11. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Are you a minority?

12. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

are you asking him that to confirm a prejudice?

13. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Perhaps; The only opinion that matter's on a topic of a Caucasian Club is that of a minority.

That is of course because anythign that promotes Caucasians as anymore than the living equivalent of the gum beneath a desk is racist and discriminatory and will only promote racial bigotry.

I had an asian friend of mine say to my face there should never be a caucasian club, simply because caucasians are the majority (as of now).

So perhaps I am checking for a prejudice, a prejudice of that of an individual who thinks caucasians need not have anything that promotes healthy thinking of their race.

14. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

15. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

cracker.

;)

Lethal

16. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Riiight

;)

And yeah it does matter; because most caucasians would not have a problem with such a club, while many minorities and liberals I have asked (nearing 100 just at my school...) have stated that they are against such a club....

so yeah it does matter :eek:

17. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh so because I'm white my opinion carries less weight in your eyes now?

18. wwworry macrumors regular

I think the thinking amoung minorities it that there is already a caucasian club in that whites are more likely to get hired first, are more likely to get lighter prison sentences and, as a by-product of that and other things, more likely to get better schooling. THis leads to a greater likelyhood of top paying jobs etc.

So to make an explicitly stated club seems to be piling on, so to speak, which is in bad taste.

Also, relativity and context does exist so sometimes what's ok for one person to say or do is not ok for another person.

(Also I have no idea what this caucasian club is or if it exists, by the way and am just talking off the top of my head)

19. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

What's your point?

White people aren't offended by their own racism but minorities are? :confused:

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And conversely, the only opinion that matters about a Black Students Union is that of a majority person?

21. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

There is already a thread on this topic at:http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38835

There is also a BBC report on this at:
    link

22. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I am going to respond to everyone's quotes of my statements with this:

When you have clubs for minorities, such as asian club, BSU, etc, there should be a club for caucasians. That is fair.

period.

No, not all converse statements apply as you should have learned in math ;)

I don't care for the Black Student Union, for a variety of reasons. One of them being that they physically threw me out of a meeting when I was discovered listening in on the meeting. They said [and i will never forget this] "you're not welcome here" and then proceeded to physically push me out of the meeting.

Another reason? Since I mentioned a variety of reasons here is another: Every year when the Black Student Union throws an assembly for Black History Month, the presentation is practically a Black Panther's meeting, minus of course the forced attendance by many caucasians and many other people whom are not black. The assemblies I have been to presented by the BSU, have always been nothing but hateful statements against caucasians, and a forced remembrance of a time long ago that is neither applicable nor relevant.

You don't see caucasians using a month that is supposed to celebrate their race's culture and history, with the caucasian-equivalent of a KKK rally now do you?

I didn't think so....

23. wwworry macrumors regular

I just have to say, wow...

and that defending an argument with the use of
    "period"
    "end of story"

and my least favorite (used by candidate for US Senate Pat Toomey),

"Bam"

they are all quite lame.

24. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

If there are clubs for every other race besides Caucasians, how is not having one for caucasians fair? That is the simple and eloquent point I was trying to make.