French Translation Please

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by arn, Sep 19, 2005.

1. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I know only enough French to be dangerous, but I did note that they kept referring to the December 7 nano announcement. If the rest of the site is similarly "proof-read", I don't think I'd pay much attention to it....

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Babel Fish translation:
    Edit: Google will translate the whole page, too: Link, but with a couple of hiccups... :)

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

My French is really rusty, but it sounds like they might announce black iBooks... here's the Babelfish translation (my bolding):

One of our readers A seems it been able to throw a blow of?il on what was woven this afternoon, to the APPLE stand of Hall 5 of Paris-Expo. It would seem that the products "dissimulated under a thick black cloud" are in fact of the iBooks, but of gray color, gray clearly and others darker than the others. Those were presented closed, and our friend thinks of having recognized a model 12 inches, or smaller, as one 14 inches. Information - or the rumour raises more questions which it does not satisfy curiosity: why the gray color if they are iBooks, why different nuances of gray, and does not act it rather of PowerBooks, or even of Tablet-Macs able to view contents?. Still much of questions in prospect until Tuesday morning, the more so as Secret Think [Clay sez, obviously this should be "Think Secret"], from usually informed very well, almost categorically excluded an advertisement concerning from the portables...

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Or, in English:

We've got nothing for you, folks. We saw some iBooks and maybe the lighting was off or maybe they were shaded differently, but they were probably just 12" and 14" iBooks.

6. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

My attempt:

One of our readers may have grabbed a peek at a plot this afternoon at the Apple stand in Hall 5 of the Paris Expo.

It would seem that the products “concealed under a thick, black cloud” will be in fact the iBooks, but grey in colour, some light grey and others darker. Those that were presented were closed, and our friend thought he saw a 12-inch model, or smaller, as well as a 14 inch model.

The information – or rumour – asks more questions than it raises curiosity: why the colour grey for iBooks, why the different shades, and is it not more about the PowerBooks, or even the Tablet-Macs capable of viewing its contents? [bit lost here!]

Still more questions in prospect until Tuesday afternoon, even more so since Think Secret, who are normally very well informed, have categorically excluded an announcement regarding portables…

7. MajereXYU macrumors regular

French Translation

French being my first language, rest assured of the accuracy of the translation.

One of our readers has supposedly had the chance to get a look at what's going on this afternoon at the Apple booth of Hall 5 of Paris Expo.
    It appears that the products "hidden under a thick black cloud" are in fact iBooks but gray ones, some pale grey and other of a darker shade than others.
    These ones were displayed with the lid closed and our friend (the source) thinks he may have recognized a 12inches model or smaller, as well as a 14inches.

The info -or the rumor- brings more questions than it answers them : why the Grey Color if these are nothing but iBooks, why different shades of grey and were they not rather PowerBooks or even Tablet-Macs able to view content [sic]?

Still many questions are still present in the light of this information until tuesday morning, more so knowing that ThinkSecret, usually well informed, was excluding almost definitively an announcement regarding notebooks...

Hope that helps...

My personal opinion : those weren't iBooks...

I think they were the "new" PowerBooks that the rumors keep rambling about.
    The different shades of grey may be new colors offered (why? the brushed alu is nice already).
    Time will tell... ;)

If anyone needs a french-english (or the other way around) please let me know.

8. carpe diem macrumors 6502

Please feel free to PM me if you would like a french translation as i speak the language near fluently.

9. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

I would love to pm you, but we'd have to start from the basics...

I very much want to learn French, but am still mired in German.

Sehr schlimm!

10. carpe diem macrumors 6502

It is really hard to learn but you can start.

11. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

are any of you using dashboard for this?

tastic

12. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Can't wait to see how this turns out! :)
    Oh, and my entire mother's side is Corsican (island in the south of France), so I also speak French fluently (along with English :D)

llama :)

13. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

I guess it was grey .mac boxes he saw. ;)

14. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I speak french too...

Just thought I'd throw that in.

(Juste un p'tit mot: j'ai eu mon Bac avec 3 en Maths spe) :cool:

My opinion: Intel iBooks! :D

15. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Wow, you're right! :eek:

llama :rolleyes: :)