French troops had bin Laden in sights: documentary

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Dec 22, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

reuters

so what if this turned out to be true? what if UBL had been killed -- how would the right wing pundits respond if UBL had been taken out by the oft-ridiculed french?

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

publicly. "we're happy he's dead, but we don't support political assassinations".

privately. pissed the french got him instead of a white jarhead

3. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

They'd be happy he was dead, regardless of who did it.

Besides, the stuff we ridicule the French for is all pretty much in the distant past, WW II and earlier ("wanna buy a French army rifle? never been fired and only dropped once"). I don't think anyone doubts their abilities now... just their willingness to participate in things.

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

The American ignorance of French politics and culture is astounding, and has allowed the French government and people to be turned into a folk devil.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bush doesnt care about Bin Laden, he got Saddam! Its was the closest country to Saudi Arabia and he had to do something. Its crazy we are even in Iraq with no WMDs. nuts,insane,that we are to continue the costs for a mistake then continue the mistake.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And this is at least as credible as ABCs mockumentary, and that was hailed as gospel by many a conservative -- so this MUST be true as well. Right? :p

7. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

The last sentence is choice. "In September, President Bush dismissed as an "urban myth" the idea his administration had become distracted from its effort to track down bin Laden."

If it's "urban myth" why does it seem many in rural areas think this is the case? (Bush no longer cares if he gets UBL) If the documentary holds true, the incident(s) would have occured some two years after Tora Bora with little evidence that the U.S. administration was true to their word to track him down and bring him to whatever justice awaits.

8. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

That's a complete joke... of course, we always blame the French, especially for the Rochefort cheese too.

Geewhiz, the news is all gossip now... liquid smut.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

White, Christian jarhead. ;) Though I'm sure it'd still be fine if it was a female, so we've made some progress. :p I'm sure somehow this will all be the French's fault anyway. Darn France, always, um... yeah.

Even if this isn't true, we still dropped the ball. Not just Torah Bora either. We're still stuck in Iraq while the people who actually were responsible for 9/11 go free. And Afghanistan devolves back into chaos. Meanwhile, we give up our rights for a false, perceived sense of safety. Remind me again what GW has done right.

10. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I don't consider hiding in a cave being free, but ok I get your point.

Any chance this is actually "erroneous information?" I think it is.

11. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Not to quibble, but you're mixing your religions there. Torah is the Jewish holy text. Tora Bora (no "h") is the place in Muslim Afghanistan. ;)

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'd rather he be in a jail. Besides, he may not even be in a cave. Who knows where he is. Kinda my point.

Er, but you get that... so nm.

It was 1 AM, sue me. ;)