Frequency Volume display?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bdj33ranch, Oct 6, 2006.

1. bdj33ranch macrumors regular

Apr 19, 2005
    Many years ago there used to be a consumer product that gave a video display of music being played over a stereo system. It looked similar to a stereo speaker but with a Plexiglas front. There was an electronic ‘bridge’ inside that converted and sent the audio frequencies to various lights - bass was red/orange - midrange was yellow/green and high was blue/purple. The intensity of the lights was directly related to the loudness of the audio frequencies. Does anyone make a simple to use Mac program that will do the same thing by displaying on the computer screen? Not just a random display - but something were audio frequency/volume is directly related to color/brightness.
  2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
    G-Force is a visualizer for iTunes that does what you're talking about I think. I haven't heard of the previous hardware device that you talk about though.
  3. Mac the knife macrumors member

Jul 6, 2006
    I don't know of any software. The "device" is called a color organ.
  4. bdj33ranch thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 19, 2005
    Thanks for the info. I downloaded the G-Force 'Gold' version. It has some modules that will work for what I want. The 'spectrum' oriented waveforms seem to fit my desires pretty well. Took awhile to figure out how to get rid of of all the extranious 'comets' and 'geometrics' (extended control panel). Haven't found the 'perfect' module in it yet - but there are hundreds of combinations to look through still.