Fresh Install of 10.3.8...WIll Not Regocnize 9

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Matt M, PA, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Matt M, PA macrumors newbie

Hello all. First of all, I am running a Quicksilver G4 dual 1G processor with 1g of ram.

Due to numerous crashing issues, the folks at Apple decided I needed to wipe my hard drive. I also wound up installing a new drive. This drive is a 160 GB, which Apple tells me is acceptable.

I re-installed OS10.3.8, and programs. I partitioned the internal drive and left a partition for OS9. I had some issues getting the machine to boot from the CD, until I disconnected my USB items. Then, the install went fine. Everything shows up as it should from the isntall CD operating system.

After a re-boot to OSX, it shows the OS9 partition, but there is nothing inside. Even the memory is not allocated as though anything is there.

I cannot install the programs I need sicne no classic system is found.

Can anyone tell me how to get my OSX to recognize the OS9? Do I need to install in a given order, etc?

Thanks so much in advance!

2. slagonnee macrumors member

Might be a stupid question, but did you also reinstall OS9 off the Software Restore CD that came with your machine? It won't be on the actual OSX installer, but on one of the Software Restore discs.

If you did, does System Preferences>Classic find any OS9 System Folders? If it doesn't - you should try and reinstall OS9 again.

You'll have to initially install 9 on your boot drive (OSX partition) - but can then move the OS 9 System Folder and "Applications (Mac OS 9) folder" to your OS9 partition. Just remember to reselect the newly moved system folder from System Preferences>Classic. And then you can trash the ones on your OSX partition.

Hope that helps.