Fri 17th November, London, Pub?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tobio, Nov 14, 2006.

1. tobio macrumors regular

tobio

I'm sure someone out there will be interested in coming along for a drink and a natter! Everyone's welcome. PM me for a mobile number / more info, or reply here.

Hope to see some of you there.
    Tobio

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Shame... I'll be recovering from a general anaesthetic. Sounds like fun.

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'd love to attend, were it not for the whole transoceanic flight thing. Sounds like fun. Will any of the many London MR members be attending? I was impressed by how many of the MR ladies attended your other get-together(s). Maybe they'll draw in more of the guys as well.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Feel free to bring any of your imaginary friends. :)

6. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

Any more info?

Not sure what I'm up to this Friday, so anything is good. Depends how many people are going.

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

OK, I'm going to need more information:

1. After the Apple Store bizzo, are you going to go home to drop your computers off? What would a tourist have to do around that area waiting for you guys to come back?

2. Will there be dinner involved?

3. I assume we're doing rounds for drinks, are we expected to buy for the whole group (thus reducing our expenditure for the night to just three or four rounds per person) or are we going to split into informal pairs and go eight or nine rounds per person?

4. Actually, can you take beers into the Apple Store?

5. How are the local constabulary? Lenient? Do you think they could be charmed by a broad Aussie accent claiming to be your "best mate" whilst trying to sing the words to "last night I went to bed without my pants on"?

6. Is there some way of recognising each other? Last time I organised a night on the tiles we all went as different characters from the movie "Top Gun" - are you aware of this movie? Yes of course you are... everybody is. I reckon we could do that, all you'd need is a Navy uniform and some sunnies.

7. When we're at the pub and the drinking inevitably gives way to tuning chicks, are we expected to act as wingman for the others? I mean, I presume there will be some women there, from what i hear some of the chicks on here from London would easily be described as "glamours".

8. When I do eventually pick up a chick, would it be considered bad form to leave with her then and there or would I have to keep her around for a polite period of time to get to know the group before heading off?

Bloody hell, there's so much to ask - never been to England before, it's all much simpler over here...

8. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Number 5 = In England the 'constabulary' have no power at all. You could shout abuse at a copper then piss all over his leg. All you have to say is you suffer from Tourettes and have a bladder problem and because the policeman arrested you, you feel you are being victimised. They would then let you go and probably give you £100 for your trouble.

Infact - and this is true - a certain jail has just had to pay out damages to junkie inmates who say that because the jail did not allow them access to their usual drugs their bodies are being 'assaulted'. The junkies won and recieved a ******** of money. Thats England for you!

Apologies for going off topic. But England pisses me off big time!

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Depends on the sheep.

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You're thinking of the Kiwis.

We Aussies don't root sheep. We prefer the young backpacking british folk.

11. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

:D Excellent!

12. Queso macrumors G4

And how do Wales and Scotland figure on your "Top 10 places to live" list? :p

13. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Dunno never lived there :D Cant be much better though!

Oh joy! Its time to go home and look its dark and its raining.

Anyway lets get back on topic. So who is going to meet up in London? I cant as I live up't north. Sounds good though.

14. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

*Agrees, but also wonders who'll be the first to be offended*

15. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

YOU'D be coming?! The pressure for England to entertain is immense!

16. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-MacboobsPro

You could always set off a "100 Repeater" in Trafalgar Square and see what happens ;)

EDIT: Actually, I'd pay money to see that!

17. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

18. tobio thread starter macrumors regular

tobio

Hi guys, I've been a little tied up with work recently, but rest assured tonight is all going ahead, despite the weather.

If you arrive and can't find anyone then all of the computers in apple store have web access, so drop an email over or post here and as long as we haven't all left we will come and find you.

If you decide not to brave the elements then perhaps you might consider next month, this is a pretty regular thing, i just don't always shout it out on the forums regularly. I'm way to disorganised for that :)

Take care!