Friday Night Lights

Discussion in 'Community' started by dxp4acu, Oct 7, 2004.

1. dxp4acu macrumors regular

Well tomorrow the movie Friday Night Lights comes out!Anyone else going to see it? I'm not sure I'll get to this weekend, but I will soon enough.

This story is about my hometown, Odessa, TX. I graduated from Odessa High, and this story is about Permian, our archrivals. My dad was a Jr. High football coach in the Permian system and at Church on Sunday mornings we sat on the row behind Gary Gaines (the head coach) every week. So this is kind of a personal thing for me, I hope they made the movie well.

Anyone else excited about it? I'm looking forward to hearing reviews to see if it lives up.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I have no intention of ever seeing it but then again... I've banned sports movies from my list... but hopefully it's a good movie for you and others.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

At first, I thought "Great, another football movie. <sarcasm>" But the more I see the trailor and I saw an interviewer with the auther of the book the movie is based on, I really want to see it. I hope it turns out good, not like the other sports movies that usually fail. Think about it, there are very few sports movies that are worth seeing again and again.

4. emw macrumors G4

emw

Really, there aren't that many movies of any kind that are worth seeing again and again... ;)

In terms of sports movies, I've enjoyed "Remember the Titans," "Bull Durham," "The Natural," and, of course, any of the "Major League" movies :D

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

"RUDY......RUDY......RUDY.........RUDY........."

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ive read the book, hated it, i know it is based off of real life, but it just wasnt for me, so i wont be seeing the movie personally, plus im not a sports fan (especially at the high school level, its overly-played up and over-hyped)

7. applebum macrumors 6502

There are only a couple of movies that I find myself watching over and over, and they are both sports movies. Remember the Titans and Vision Quest. I love those movies.

8. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

9. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I am going to see it as well, but if you've played football in Texas at some point in your life, as I did, then it is a must see. :D

10. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i've read excellent reviews of both the bok and the movie.

i'm a huge billy bob thornton fan, and i enjoy tim mcgraw's music. i'm definitely looking forward to seeing the movie.

11. dxp4acu thread starter macrumors regular

yeah yahoo gave it an A-, which is pretty rare these days.

Must be pretty good.