Friday, stuff around day

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Cybix, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

I seem to find that when I get to work on Friday, I just stuff around for the whole day, I dont really do much/any work... like, today, I'll probably sit here and 'better organise' my iTunes library, or download some updates or cool lil apps or something, just tinker.

Thurs night is always 'watch a movie with a glass of wine or a beer' night. I stay up later than usual, get to work on Fri later than usual, etc. I guess I almost treat Thurs night, much like Fri night :)

does anyone else goof off on Fridays?

I realise it's not actually Friday yet in other parts of the world... too bad :p

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I usually don't have much work at school on fridays, and then I have the afternoon off too.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think that in any given week, I'll usually do 3 hours of solid work.

4. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

even though it's not yet friday for me...

i'm already looking forward to another good day of nothingness. ;)

it doesn't help that we have casual/dress-down fridays; i mean, come on...that's an invitation for slacking off. :rolleyes:

5. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Actually I find Friday is the day I do most work for uni from Fri-Sun. I never do much on weekends :D

6. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

Fridays

I get a lot done on Fridays because I avoid new projects, if anything stinks of "New Business" I try to put it off until next week. That makes Friday "finish everything I started this week" day. If I get it done in the morning, it's long lunches and a relaxed afternoon !

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I notice that on Fridays I am more laid back but my job is demanding and it pays off to treat it with such consideration. With that said, there are days when I just feel I worked so hard I deserve to do nothing. However, I can't really download apps and crap so I eventually just do work but at a much slower pace. ;) I think in any given month I have one solid day when I work about 50% less than any other day. It's just the nature of my job--plus I love my job so much it's hard to f around all day.

8. Grakkle macrumors 6502a

Grakkle

I try to have a three-day weekend whenever I can manage it. So I usually cram work and study and whatnot into the rest of the week so I can have Fridays free - which I usually do.

It's much better that way. Three days of rest per week is more reasonable anyway.

9. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

And to think our students believe every Friday is a free day! :D :rolleyes:

10. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

I usually slack on Fridays and Mondays :D

I guess you can say I have a case of the Mondays.

11. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Friday is out busiest day.

Bah! I don't mind tho, its just like any other day really, I'm not off over the weekends.

12. BarryW macrumors member

Everyday is a free day for me, its starting to suck as this is my third month of holiday. I am soooo bored.

I guess I should enjoy my last bit of freedom before employment(Start my job in April)

At varsity Friday was the best day, finish off at about 12, all the pubs open at 2 and the weekend begins.