Friday the 15th was the Day of Hell

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by benthewraith, Dec 15, 2006.

1. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Posted on another site from Gateworld, this is my account of the Friday the 15th of Hell. This in no way refers to anything religious of sorts, I just meant this is the most unfortunate time of the year.

I'm not denying for any reason the stupidity of not checking the name on the luggage. That was stupid on my part. But hey, **** happens. It didn't help I wanted to get the hell out of there as fast as possible.

2. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

When Murhpy's Law quicks in, he's relentless. Condolenses, though. Sad thing about "those suitcases which look alike", people now put pink, purple, red and white ribbons to "mark" their territory. Problem is, now eveyone's suitcase runs laps around the carousels decorated in ribbons. The ribbons all look alike.

Just a thought, but maybe the other person whose suitcase you have is posting in here. *wanders off to find another thread with a similar title*.

3. benthewraith thread starter macrumors 68040

benthewraith

That would be strange, unusual, frightening, and embarrassing all at the same time. :(

4. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I've been pretty fortunate and have "lost" luggage on only two occasions. One in Orlando and another in Ecuador, but AA delivered them to my door the next day. I've never flown on SW. Hope you have a better 16th. It's rough when the adrenaline wears off after a long day/trip. Good luck.

5. benthewraith thread starter macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Thank You. :)

6. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Let me guess, Black vertical rolling bag?

What do you expect from Southwest? Technically, it was your screwup. They're not going to jump through hoops for you, especially when they already don't jump through hoops when it IS their fault.

Next time, attach something brightly colored to the outside. Also, if you connected, make sure the first flight on the bag tag matches the first flight you took. There's a pretty low possibility that anybody else flew the exact same routing as you, and the flight numbers are big and easy to find.

PS - Bag tags read from the bottom up!

7. imacintel macrumors 68000

I put a Air Canada tag in to my luggage when I fly with them. I have a bright red bag. Never has gotten lost or confused with another persons.

8. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I have monogrammed luggage tags on my checked luggage, and they're the first thing I'm looking for when I go to collect my baggage. Pretty sure no one else is going to have Samsonite bags with brown leather tags with "CCJ" on them. ;)

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Heh. :)

Designer luggage is always good for this too. I don't run into a lot of other people who have the same DvF bags in the same color scheme. :)

10. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

ah, i feel for you man....

...unfortunately, since southwest is a low cost carrier you probably wont get too much help out of them when things go wrong. Ryanair (one of europe's southwest model followers) has apparently 2 people on staff at all times to deal with complaints, etc haha! im not sure if its true, but i think its likely. it shouldnt be the case, but it appears so.

sorry to hear about your day man.
    S

11. hana macrumors regular

I hope that posting makes you feel better.

Yeah....I've had this almost happen to me once... I was at the airport waiting for my blue suitcase full of camping type attire. I couldn't find it. I went by the carrousel again and noticed that it was pulled aside by a group of pre-law students going to a conference. (there were big signs for them and they all had nametags & were wearing nice new business suits)

Me: "Excuse me, but I think you have my suitcase."

Pre-Law Guy: "Well, this is my blue suitcase that I am taking to my (raising voice a notch to show how he important he is is to his gaggle of pre-law collegues) pre-law conference."

Me: (quietly) "Well, then why does it have my luggage tags on it?"

Yeah, I got my bag back pretty quickly after that.

I hope that today was a better day for you.....

12. benthewraith thread starter macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Southwest had made arrangements to get the luggage delivered to where I'm staying. It just got in a few minutes ago. And I wasn't expecting them to jump thru hoops because of my own screwup. :)

Yeah, actually, it was a red bag, with black vertical stripes made by the same people.

13. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Glad you got your stuff back, benthewraith. I'd imagine you don't need any more lectures about what you should have done.

14. hana macrumors regular

That's great news, Ben! :D

Now, hopefully you'll have a little time to relax....