Friend Has Just Had a Baby - Wants a Message

Discussion in 'Community' started by andym172, Nov 13, 2003.

1. andym172 macrumors 6502

A friend of mine has just had a baby, well, technically his wife did all the hard work! :)

He's sent me a text message asking me to reply to him with a short message that is going to be written in a baby book that the baby can look at when it's older.

Being 21 I'm not into all this baby stuff and so can't for the life of me come up with an appropriate message - the best so far is; "have a good one!" ;) :D

I don't want it to be too gushing, just something that's insightful and (appears to be) well thought out.

This is where you guys' come in! :D

Can you please give me some brief messages typical of what you'd write in a baby book of this sort?

This thread is obviously ripe for having funny messages posted, but I really do need some good advise! :)

Thanks!

Andy.

2. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Life'll **** on ya. So might your baby. Congrats!

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations on this momentous day of a birth, bringing a precious life into the world.

4. andym172 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply, but I think he was hoping for a message to the baby, not the parents :)

Thanks again!

Andy.

5. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

all you need to say is best of luck, all happiness and good wishes, and welcome to this big ol' world.

like everything else, from weddings to funerals, your exact words are less important than their sincerity. high falutin' often sounds less heartfelt than a simple expression.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

This was a day that made your parents very happy, it is the day that you entered our life. It is a day that we will always look on fondly. You are truly a gift from God. You will realize some day the great joy that day meant to your parents.