Friend having problems with the sims 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by iMacZealot, Sep 4, 2005.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

My friend has the original PowerBook G4 17". She's a big fan of the Sims, and just got The Sims 2 and Mac OS 10.4 yesterday. She can't figure out what's wrong with the game because certain menus don't show up. Is it her video card? She wants to get a new computer, although she thinks the only way to make it work is to buy a PC, but she doesn't want to do that.

Thanks in advance.

2. mac-er macrumors 65816

She can download Aspyr's Game agent ( http://www.aspyr.com/games.php/mac/aga/) and it will automatically determine if her computer will run the game.

Does it meet these requirements?

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3.8 or later
    CPU Processor: PowerPC G4/G5
    CPU Speed: 1.2GHz or faster
    Memory: 256 MB or higher
    Hard Disk Space: 3GB free disk space
    Video Card (ATI): Radeon 9000 or better
    Video Card (NVidia): GeForce FX5200 or better
    Video Memory (VRam): 32 MB or higher
    Media Required: DVD Drive

3. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Okay...I figured it out...Her video card isn't supported, and she only has a 1 GHz processor. She just bought Tiger yesterday, and is very happy with it (we were audio chatting this evening.)

Thanks for the help..now is there a way you can increase your processing clock speed? I've heard of people buying 800 MHz eMacs and turning them into 1.4 GHz ones with a steady hand and a screwdrive, but nothing specific. Does anyone know? If yes, what are the chances of me breaking her computer?

Thanks again!