Friend wants to by my Rebel Xt...upgrade?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dark, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Dark macrumors regular

Ok so heres the deal. My best friend wants to by my Rebel Xt off of me because he really wants to get into photography. Hes used my camera a bunch and really likes it. I have a 4 year warantee on it and would sell him basically a whole starter kit package and he said hed give me 700 bucks for it, which is pretty darn good. The reason im considering this is because I could then upgrade to the 30d. I found a slighty used one on BandH for a good price
    I always buy stuff from BandH but I was just wondering if any one has bought used from them and could give me some feedback. Thanks alot.

2. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

I would replace that trashy Rebel XT with something better built like the Panasonic L1.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Is it your goal to spread your Canon-bashing around to every possible thread rather than consolidating it all in the one you've already started? Sheesh, give it a rest already.

To the OP, I've also had nothing but good experience from B&H, but like you I've only bought new. What kind of a guarantee do you get when buying used? As long as you have a chance to inspect it when it arrives, and can take a few test images, I'd say go for it.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I wonder if my non-displayed, but probably existing Rep Points will decrease because of what I'll say now.....

Why don't you find a hole and bury yourself in it?

*passes you a shovel*

5. beavo451 macrumors 6502

:rolleyes:

To original question:
    I have heard on various photo forums that the B&H ratings on their used cameras are pretty good, but less conservative than KEH.

6. Dark thread starter macrumors regular

With Photokina coming up do you think Canon has anything up their sleeves for the 30d. I highly doubt it seeing as its less than a year old. I was just wondering if maybe they would encorperate the Digic3 chip into the SLR's. Idk, just wondering.

7. Rickay726 macrumors 6502

Rickay726

im definitly the one buying the camera... helll yeahzzz