friendster?

Discussion in 'Community' started by gwuMACaddict, Apr 6, 2004.

1. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

does anyone here use the friendster.com website? just curious... i've been on it for about a year now, i think it's a pretty funny way to see who is friends of your friends of your friends. :p it's also a GREAT procrastination tool! :eek: :D

2. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    most of my friends have an account there, but it is soooooooo slow, i think most everyone just signs up, looks around, adds people, and forgets. But yeah, it is nice to see whose connected to (multiple) who(s). :)

3. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    yeah i'm on it, as are a few others here. i've also been on there for about a year, but it is incredibly slow, so i rarely go on there. i actually use MySpace more.

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I've been on it for about a year I suppose. I've met a few people thru it, but I agree that a lot of people seem to sign up & just forget. Speaking of which, I'll have to look up your email & add u as a friend. ;)

5. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

RESIST THE BORG! so many of my friends have asked me to join, so they can claim me as a friendster... it's all about increasing their body count. i admit, i'm being overly dramatic, but something has always irked me about friendster and the way it encourages people to use their friends to keep score. as in, "i've got a millionjillion friendsters... how 'bout you?"

6. selloutvixen macrumors member

selloutvixen

I use friendster. I got it because my friends talked me into it. One of my friends on there actually met his now-girlfriend on there and they're all sappy and happy and junk. I really never, ever use it. I don't see the point. :confused:

7. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

8. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i don't know anyone on orkut and therefor cannot join