Frist calls Alito Democrats' "nightmare"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 20, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. silverback66 macrumors regular

3. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

yes, because the more like football politics is, the better, right?

there was a time when the people in washington were leaders. and i'm not just talking about the GOP.

we get the gov't we deserve. thanks for acting as lowest common denominator, sb.

4. silverback66 macrumors regular

whatever, I've seen your version of "politics" so from now on out I may as well just cheer on what I agree with. Won't it be something when the republicans control the legislative, the executive and the judicial branch of government? Aren't you excited!? I am!

5. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

be careful what you wish for. your views may change when you finish high school.

6. silverback66 macrumors regular

Psst....dude, I'm in college already. I'll be graduating next year. Imagine that, a conservative on a college campus! That would make for one zany movie eh govna? eh?

7. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

8. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

I am. It will drive the US into the dirt, from where it can't bother anyone else.

Sounds good to me.

9. silverback66 macrumors regular

If by dirt you mean conservative utopia...I agree! Put er' there partner! ;)

10. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

A life that is nasty brutish and short... some utopia.

Didn't you claim to attend a college in another thread?

DeVry?

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

What do you mean when? I don't know where you've been, but we're pretty much already there. And it isn't so great. Just ask about 61% of the country. ;)

Easy mistake to make, I would have guessed young as well had he not mentioned it in another thread.

12. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

No, it's going to make for a really rude awakening when a hardcore ideologue has to deal with the diversity of the real world. Look out below!

13. iGary Guest

iGary

Well Mr. Frist and a good portion of the (R's) should enjoy the next couple of years, because they are going to lose the White House and Congress come election time.

A lot of people in this country, including conservatives, have had it with this BS.

14. silverback66 macrumors regular

Yeah, gee, thanks for the heads up. I'll keep watching put for tht rude awakening. Man yu guys are pretty desperate. These must be like nightmarsh times for your. The country is virtually completely rejectig your whole idealogy is favor of morality and all you can do is spout some catch phrases and bitch and moan. You poor liberals you. You could always flock to San Franscico or Canada and have your liberal utopia of course by it's very nature it would ultimatley destroy itself. Poor poor liberals. Boo hoo...

15. silverback66 macrumors regular

Of course your top candidate is moving farther and further to the left and out of touch with America and word is spreading that Condi Rice is going to run. Dang man.....shutdown....

16. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

You so came here just to troll. Do us a favour and go the **** away, troll.

17. iGary Guest

iGary

Who's my top candidate and where did I say who it was? :confused:

Oh, you were putting words in my mouth. Gotcha.

18. silverback66 macrumors regular

oh but remember....free speech, free speech. LikeI've sadi, you don't like it, block me. Otherwise quit whining.

19. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This country does much better when ran from the center rather then the loony fringes on the right or left. Alito's appointment makes sure that the loony right takes control of all 3 branches. This isnt good for our country just as having a bunch of crooks like the republicans running things arent good for our country. We need a balance of power and Alito's nomination ensures the coming of the all powerful Police State intruding into our freedoms and libertys which by the way have taken a nose dive under the current administration. Alito has shown many times that the state is God and piss on the little guy.

Alito isnt just a nightmare for the liberal, but a nightmare for anyone who loves liberty & freedom.

20. iGary Guest

iGary

That's pretty much true with anything. No epiphone here.

Not really, he's really a right of center moderate in sheep's clothing.

Pretty broad stroke of the brush there.

One man doesn't ensure this.

Link, please.

He's not as bad as you make him out to be, but safe enough to make the cut.

21. silverback66 macrumors regular

My gosh....someone whose sensible and fairminded! What a breath of fresh air!

22. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Aren't we smug.

This country is hardly voting for morality. In fact, your leadership couldn't give two s@#&s about it, they merely latched onto it as a way to maintain power. They have done more to divide this country along age, class, religion, race, sexuality and red/blue state bs. The "moral" crowd votes, so many others are just so apathetic or feel they don't make a difference. Bigger turnout in 2004 was a start.

As for your party's morality, did you believe....

the ever flip flopping reasons to invade Iraq (pick one)?
    them and their reasons for Sciavo?
    the Social Security boondoggle?
    I could go on.

What ever happened to the Republican party I voted for? You remember 1994, the Contract with America? the end of the cycle of scandal? restore accountability to Congress?

What do we have now? Tom Delay, Jack Abramoff, Bill Frist - how I wish these guys were only getting hummers in their offices.

23. iGary Guest

iGary

Rob and I were talking about that subject this very morning.

24. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I think term limits are the answer. Seems the only way to break the culture of corruption in Washington (both parties).

Possibly making terms in the house longer so they're not running for re-election every other year and so eager to scarf money from special interests.

Real campaign finance reform.

Nuke the next SOTU speech and start from scratch.

25. aquajet macrumors 68020

It was hijacked by the neocons.

How long do you think the term limits should be for the HoR and the Senate?

And do you think there should be term limits in the judiciary?

BTW, I hope this thread doesn't get shut down too.