frist: Fishers of Men

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 29, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

good (secular) god, what exactly does the senate majority leader have in mind?

and does he avoid using his title when talking about his religion?
    nope. also, note his byline:
    all emphasis mine.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Huh. At least we know now who is really responsible for all of those pedophile priests. The Vatican is totally off the hook.

4. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

"We as the Church, the people of God, cannot and should not leave the mission of the Church to the clergy alone, nor should our role be limited to overseeing priestly training and conduct. The laity must assist the whole Church in America reclaim our nominally Catholic colleges, schools, hospitals and social welfare agencies for the sake of our souls."

Martin Luther and Deitrich Bonnhoffer rediscovered the "priesthood of the believer" way back when absolution was for sale by the Hood. [95 Thesis] Just as in good enough government, church polity has shown to be at its best when left to local level empowerment and accountability. The farther from Rome, the less roaming charges. What's Rome got 'ta do, got 'ta do with it?

It never ceases to amuse though that, when one decides to do some investigative journalism bent on an exposé of Christianity, they are initially drawn to the junk pile, first. If I'm looking for a good Porsche, the scrap yard would be last on the list for places to visit and ponder.
    Pax Vobiscum,
    Sorry, I always spell Porsche, wrong :eek:
    X

5. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Did you just call the Catholic Church the "junk pile" of Christianity or am I missing something? :confused:

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

:D I can see where that could have been taken wrong. Actually, I was referring to the article(s) and on-going spin of "naughty clergy antics", not the Roman Catholic Church, per se. Thanks for clearing that up :)
    X

7. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

ok, glad I misunderstood.