Frist subpoenaed in probe of stock sales: WPost

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Oct 13, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. tristan macrumors 6502a

I have to say that I think this one will be hard to prove. They would have to show that he knew about the stock sale and that he knew about the condition of the company. Only way that can be proven is with a lot of testimony from his friends.

3. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

That's the sound of Presidential ambition circling the drain. Only question is when he joins DeLay as an "ex-leader" of the Republican Party.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

DeLay is an ex-leader? I hadn't noticed.

5. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Too true. His "ex" status is more of informal thing. Remove the title, but retain the power. I realize I'm jumping the gun on both of them, but it is sooo tempting to view these stories in the light of where they will likely end. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping anyway.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

All the terrible things he's done, and this is what they get him on. Well, at least it's something. Didn't they get Capone on tax evasion or something?

7. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

They got Martha. Let's face it, when your family is running the company, it's pretty hard not to believe that he got insider information and acted on it. I've no doubt that he's going to go down for this one.