from a concerned apple citizen

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Tokyo1138, Aug 19, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Aug 11, 2013
    i been wondering somwething. does anyone know (and know i didnt yet looked at every tread here :rolleyes:) when the final version be released to the hungy public? before, during or after 10 of sept? i know (from memory) the will release it for the 5 and 4s... but will it be smooth or another lag fest almost like the iPod touch (V.4) was with its last update?
  2. macrumors 603

Sep 19, 2003
    If it's like previous years, around a week after the keynote. It's smooth on my 5 but ymmv.
  3. macrumors 68020

Oct 14, 2011
    In recent years, the newest iOS came on Wednesday the week after the new iPhone announcement. So based on history, if the new iPhone is shown September 10, iOS 7 will go live the 18th.
  4. macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2013
    Why does this result to a "concerned apple citizen"
    Are you concerns that the iOS 7 GM will be released after the new iPhone is released? Who cares.
  5. macrumors 603

Sep 19, 2003
    I think he's concerned it'll be laggy.
  6. macrumors 68020

Sep 6, 2002
    We all know, but we can't say for nondisclosure reasons.
  7. macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2013
    Probably the only reason why it's laggy for those complaining is because most of the users who install iOS 7 never do a clean install for each beta. There are people who go from Beta 1 to Beta 6 without even doing a clean install and they complain about bad battery life, bugs, etc etc etc.

Do a clean restore and be happy.
  8. macrumors 68020

Nov 22, 2011
    East Coast USA
    It's been beaten to death a clean install sometimes is irrelevant
  9. macrumors demi-god

Feb 26, 2011
    New England, USA
    OK. so I'm a dummy. What's an "apple citizen" The juxtaposition of those two words make absolutely no sense to me.

What am I missing!:confused:
  10. Moderator

Staff Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Detroit, Michigan
    I hadn't realized Apple was it's own, recognized, nation-state! :eek: