"From" address problems in Mail 2.0

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ibookconvert, May 4, 2005.

1. ibookconvert macrumors newbie

I have a Gmail account setup as my only email account in Mail 2.0, for the 'email address' field in the account settings, I have my ieee.org alias (that provides virus scanning) listed, but Mail WILL NOT use that email address as the "From" address when I send email through mail.

I don't want people replying to my Gmail address, or even really to have that Gmail account 'out there' if I can help it. What am I missing here? I've used the help file, but it didn't help.

Anyone?

--Matt

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Where ever you send you email from, is what people will see, so if you don't want them to know your email, then don't send one. If you want to send from a different account in Mail, you have to setup a new account. Like I have my regular .mac address as an account, and also one of my .mac aliases setup as an account, so I can send out emails using that alias that I setup. So, setup a new POP or IMAP account for the ieee.org mail, then you will be able to send stuff out using that account.

Otherwise, if you are asking me to help you spoof your address so the people you are sending to don't see your gmail account, I would think you are trying to do some spamming.