From blind hater to just spent $3000

Discussion in 'Switch Stories' started by Kingsnapped, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Oct 16, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    When I was little, I had a blind dislike for macs. I was occasionally forced to use OS 8.somthing at school, and my work on them was restricted to KidPrint. I clearly remember my dad commenting on buying a mac, and me yelling at him. My childhood was one of blind hatrid.
    When I began highschool, I got really into creating videos. I got a bunch of footage for a skate video, and was introduced to iMovie, and my first real interaction with a mac. I made many videos after that, and eventually was hired as the head of my school district's video production studio. It was there where I had access to 3ccd cameras, and had the budget to order FCP and DVD studio pro to use there.
    Eventually, I got sick of sitting in my studio for hours on end over weekends, and my campaign for a mac at home began. My only computer here was a Compaq Pesario (with the logo covered by and apple sticker) running Windows ME. I halfheardedly pushed for an iMac, but to little avail. It wasn't until my system had to be reformatted that my folks realized there was a problem. Mid October of this year came by, and the discovery of iTunes not working on ME was the straw that broke the camels back.
    Using the "I'll need a laptop for college" speech, I got $1000 to spend at Apple store online for an early Christmas presant. Today I placed my order for a 15" Albook, Airport, FCE and BT mouse. The 3.5 years of horrable performance from a $900 computer are drawing to an end, with two weeks of an agonizing wait.
  2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    Awwww, it just warms your heart :D
    Congrats dude!
  3. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

Oct 19, 2003
    that town east of ann arbor
    i think you'll enjoy the powerbook far more than the imac. congrats to ya!