Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Hear me out, sounds crazy. I got the space gray iphone 6 at launch, then switched over to the Plus 2 weeks into it because I always wanted a bigger phone. After a week of the Plus, i felt i couldnt handle how big it was and couldnt operate well one-handed so went back and got the 6 in silver this time.

now, i have this crazy craving to get the Plus in space gray. Am I crazy for switching so much?

anyone has switched multiple times? what did you end up with?

CYKBC

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2014
I did. It's a sickness. I settled in with the six. Plus is awesome but end of day just too heavy for me.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
Sounds like a discarded title from the Hobbit---

"There and Back Again"

;):):)

Last edited:

Suspended
Sep 15, 2012
I did the exact same thing with just about the exact same timeframes. Nothing wrong with giving the other size a shot.

And guess what....I want a Plus again. But I am sticking with the 6 because I know what will end up happening if I get a Plus....been there done that.

capathy21

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2014
Houston, Texas
I started with the 6 plus, swapped it for a 6 because coming from a 5s, the 6 plus felt too big. Switched carriers and got a plus again and this time I love it. Couldn't go back to the 6 now. Plus feels normal after about two weeks.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
I bought the 6 then bought a plus 2 months later and took it back. 3 months later exchanged with a guy on CL for his iPhone 6+ and ever looked back the second time

Had the plus for 3 months and love it - size is not overwhelming anymore

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
Cannot really say I have ever experianced such urges, other than wanting the silver iPhone 5 back in 2012 (despite owning a Slate version). I dropped it and smashed the screen, at the store I asked for the white version and they made a big point of how it must be an exact like for like swap. Following this, they accidently handed me a 64GB version to replace my 32GB. Never changed my phone like this outside of the yearly upgrade since. I do hope you can get over your condition as I imagine it is painful to the wallet.

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
i might do the same thing. i loved the battery life and screen on the 6 plus. my 6 is still sealed so i might go and exchange it.

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
Liked the 6, got the 6+ used it for a while/ loved it till summer came, carrying it became a problem, back to 6, just feels more natural as a phone :)

Reactions: ABC5S

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Hear me out, sounds crazy. I got the space gray iphone 6 at launch, then switched over to the Plus 2 weeks into it because I always wanted a bigger phone. After a week of the Plus, i felt i couldnt handle how big it was and couldnt operate well one-handed so went back and got the 6 in silver this time.

now, i have this crazy craving to get the Plus in space gray. Am I crazy for switching so much?
Yes you are.
You, like many who frequent the iPhone forum, need to get a life. Or something.
A phone is a phone, not a hobby, and certainly should not properly be an object of ridiculous obsession.

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
I just want to smugly point out the irony that as a person who prefers smaller screens, I am making due just fine with a 6 while acknowledging my preference; yet many of the enlightened masses who see only big screens as the future seem to be having a much more difficult time picking a size and living with it.

I say this in the most light hearted ribbing way possible. Mostly. ;)

Reactions: ABC5S

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Put your cravings aside until the autumn and then get the 6+s or whatever it's going to be called. Must say I got the plus at launch and never looked back....

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
I'm right with you except I got a iPhone 5S that I switch too when I want something a little (or a lot) smaller. In the perfect world you would have both a 6 and a 6 Plus and just switch when you wanted. Only issue I have is I can't pair my watch with both phones at the same time.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Cannot really say I have ever experianced such urges, other than wanting the silver iPhone 5 back in 2012 (despite owning a Slate version). I dropped it and smashed the screen, at the store I asked for the white version and they made a big point of how it must be an exact like for like swap. Following this, they accidently handed me a 64GB version to replace my 32GB. Never changed my phone like this outside of the yearly upgrade since. I do hope you can get over your condition as I imagine it is painful to the wallet.

They gave you a 64 GB version instead of 32 GB version? Really lucky! :cool:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I don't like having a small screen phone. IPhone 6 Plus size is the perfect for me, although I cannot use it easily one handed. Can you believe that when I use iPhone 4, I mostly use it with both hands?

Therefore I don't hesitate the choice of size, just the performance. I don't know how powerful a9 chip would be. If it does have significant performance boost, I might sell this plus and buy another 6s Plus. However I doubt that if apple will do some good work on force touch.

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
They gave you a 64 GB version instead of 32 GB version? Really lucky! :cool:

Ha, it makes a good story. Only bad bit was how when I tried to restore it at a later date it ended up locked to Vodafone and I could not activate it! (I am an O2 customer, this was to do with the mistake in the phone I was given). Apple Customer Support sorted it though.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Ha, it makes a good story. Only bad bit was how when I tried to restore it at a later date it ended up locked to Vodafone and I could not activate it! (I am an O2 customer, this was to do with the mistake in the phone I was given). Apple Customer Support sorted it though.

Looks like they gave you a wrong phone with wrong ISP locked. Handy. Apple customer service has dealt with it? Wonderful.

Darryjr

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2013
New York
I did. It's a sickness. I settled in with the six. Plus is awesome but end of day just too heavy for me.
It is a sickness ,lol. I have the iOS / android disease. IPhone 6,6 plus, galaxy s6 ,and s6 edge. Constantly swapping back and forth. I need to seek help,lol

Reactions: Darrensk8

johnothy

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2012
Midwest
Hear me out, sounds crazy. I got the space gray iphone 6 at launch, then switched over to the Plus 2 weeks into it because I always wanted a bigger phone. After a week of the Plus, i felt i couldnt handle how big it was and couldnt operate well one-handed so went bacand got the 6 in silver this time.

anyone has switched multiple times? what did you end up with?

I have both phones. I got the 6 after little debate knowing the 6 plus was too big for me. I got the 6 plus today after talking to someone who has both. I'm using the 6 as my main phone and the plus as sort of a mini tablet connected to my iphone 6 hotspot and messages forward to the plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.