from idaho: HOUSE CONCURRENT RESOLUTION NO. 29

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by zimv20, Apr 14, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

Best. Whereas Clause. Ever.

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

3. mpw Guest

What the Hell? Is that for real? Is that what your politicians spend their time doing? Makes me think the fiscal note at the end that the bill will have no fiscal impact is probably relative to all the other crap they spend their time, and your money, on. :eek:

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

it's very common for state legislators to pass motions commending or honoring people, but the way it's written is certainly pretty jovial. Agreed that it's a waste of their time.

To show how out-of-hand these bills are, a clever Texas legislator once proposed (and had passed) a bill praising Albert de Salvo with the following language:

Albert de Salvo is better known as the Boston Strangler.
    http://www.snopes.com/legal/desalvo.htm

5. jim. macrumors 6502

If you didn't hear before, here in VA the state government wasted several days trying to decide how to fine people for not wearing pants "correctly." Unfortunately they left a wide range of interpretation on how you could judge someone's clothing style, and attracted a lot of national attention, so they scrapped it.

Now they are trying to push through some more horrifying legislation that I hope gets blocked.

Jim

6. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

That is one of the funniest things I have read in a while. Gives me pride for my home state! ;) :)

7. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Think about it this way. The costs of doing this is very low. And when they are spending time on this they aren't spending time spending your money and raising your taxes.

8. iGary Guest

iGary

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Agreed MongoTheGeek. Again great minds think a like. The same thing was going though my mind. They get paid for just being there, whether they do anything or not, its the government after all. This gives them an easy way to seek good will for the reelection campaign.

10. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

11. camobag macrumors regular

camobag

I am SOOOO from Idaho...yeah, that's right. Wanna fight about it? I am appalled that people didn't know it was filmed in Idaho...(don't worry though, not everyone is Mormon). Idaho definitely looks like that, but not everyone is as cool as Napoleon...unfortunately. Anyways, please ask for my autograph because I AM FAMOUS. TRUST ME.

12. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm too scared to post in there.

13. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

However the director and the actor playing Napoleon are both Mormon and both attended BYU. Perhaps Mormons aren't so bad.

14. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

"snicker* :p

Thats kinda cold.

15. camobag macrumors regular

camobag

Ofcourse I knew that Jon Heder and the Hess brothers went to BYU. Why do you think I brought Mormons up in the first place?

16. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

I don't know, they get pretty pissed when you almost hit them with your car.

But your right, they ar not so bad. Like any of the other denominations you have your good ones and then you have your crazy basterds hell bent on mass conversion.

However, evangelical christians, well...