From iPod to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Zwhaler, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Well, this is really a problem for me, but for my friend, but I'll go ahead and explain it. My friend has a bunch of songs on his iPod (don't ask me how he got them), but they are simply on his iPod, and not on his iTunes. Since then he has gotten a bunch of more songs on iTunes, but he doesn't want to update because he will lose the songs currently on his iPod, because they are not in iTunes. I heard the iPod is a one-way device, so what should he do?

2. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Alright, I thank you for your very accurate and descriptive way of telling me what to do. But now can you explain what on earth you are talking about

3. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

There's an existing guide that gives more detail.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Recovering_Songs_from_an_iPod

B

5. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

personally, i'd download a util called onyx, then using that, set to show hidden files in the finder appearance settings. in your iPod volume, there should a folder called iTunes Music (although this differs on various iPod models, just look around and you'll find it) then folders with various compilation and artist names. i know it may not be quite as easy, but i like doing things the hard way. it gives me more time to enjoy os x:)

6. ExileinBlonde macrumors member

I use iPodRip and I like it much more than Senuti. It's very easy to use. Connect your iPod, and drag the songs from your iPod into iTunes.

7. the311guy macrumors newbie