From Kuwait (please read!)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by kwajaln, Dec 21, 2004.

1. kwajaln macrumors 6502

kwajaln

Well, I fly out of Kuwait on my way back to the States for the holidays this evening. I have a terrible itinerary with 18 hours of layovers between here and there, but I'll be home for the holidays, plus get New Year's in Vegas. I am putting this post here because this is where I placed my original thread a few months ago asking if people would be willing to help out and donate some magazines to those of us working in Kuwait. I would like to tell everyone who will read this how much the efforts of those who helped out were appreciated! Life sucks here, for both the soldiers and the contract workers here voluntarily, and the kindness and generosity of those who mailed magazines over here was awesome! THANK YOU AGAIN!!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Wish me luck during my 37 hours of travel! :)

2. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

That's good to hear. Merry Christmas and have a safe journey back. :)

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I hope that you will have a safe 37 hour trip back to the United States. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids and exercise your legs. Will help to prevent dehydration and DVT, Deep Vein Thrombosis or clots in the legs. Thank you for your service to our country. Are you a contractor or military?

May you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year with family and friends.

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Happy to hear that you are on your way home. Godspeed to you and all that remain behind.

5. kwajaln thread starter macrumors 6502

kwajaln

Thanks Chip!!! You 'Da man!

WD Love...it actually turned out ot be 38-1/2 hours by the time I arrived at my final destination. OUCH! But I was on my way home for Xmas so I wasn't complaining! And I am a contractor to answer your question. :eek:

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

You are still of service to our country and troops. So you have no reason to be ashamed. Still you deserve our thanks.

I hope that you will enjoy your time here in the states. How long will you have with family and friends?

7. kwajaln thread starter macrumors 6502

kwajaln

To answer WDLove's question, I flew back to the States on Dec 22nd (arrived on the 23rd) and I fly back on Jan 5th. I really appreciate all the support here. Thank you!

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

as a result of the thread being moved here, i suspect the original poster can no longer post in it.

9. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

Not only that, but it was the troller that made this both military and political, and his post has been deleted. As far as I know this is a thread about a guy that was Contracted to work in Kuwait, is/was returning home, and was thanking those that helped him out with Mac mags? Am I wrong?

~Tyler

10. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

interesting. i was wondering why the thread got moved down here.

11. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Yeah, I wondered about someone working in a tax free area begging for free magazines.

The name is a dead giveaway too, I sailed there once.

12. pdham macrumors member

Are you saying that the original poster is makinng this stuff up to get free magazines?

13. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Here is a link to the original thread, where the poster asked readers to send their used magazines and books. In the first post in that thread, he lists his real name as well as the military address of the base in Kuwait.

P.S. Welcome back, Bill.

14. pdham macrumors member

I didn't suspect it was an imposter, I was stating my surprise that Xtreme would make such an assertion.

At any rate, welcome home kwajaln, enjoy your time off and thank you for your service, be it military or civilian you are working to make the life of others better. Thanks.

Paul

15. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

No, I didn't mean to direct that comment to you; sorry to be unclear. I just wanted to make note of the previous thread.