Front camera on iPhone 6 has MOVED!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by houssein31, Nov 26, 2014.

1. houssein31
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

I was looking at my iPhone 6 today and I realised that the front facing camera had moved to the left. I never saw or heard something like that. It's so strange because I never dropped my phone so far.

Even if the camera has moved, it did not affect the pictures I take. In other words, Ito can still take good front facing photos.

Should I take the phone to the Apple Store?? Would they exchange it for another one? Is it worth it?

Attached Files:

2. HipsterGG
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

HipsterGG

It's because of the new 8.1.1 iOS update. Apple is working on it at the moment. The issue will be resolved with 8.1.2 probably.

3. houssein31
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors regular

Here's a better picture (sorry had to use my hold iPhone 4)

Attached Files:

4. Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

Mine moves all over the front of the phone. It depends on the day. I hate finding my camera in the bottom of the phone by the home button.

5. pooleman
    Expand Collapse
    Suspended

pooleman

Wait....what? Is this serious? My brain is hurting?

6. HipsterGG
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

HipsterGG

Most definitely, this is some serious ****!

7. Mr. Buzzcut
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

You sure it's not just lighting? Photo looks lit from left.

8. Apple fanboy
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G5

Apple fanboy

Neither of your photos are clear enough to show the issue that you are talking about. Take it to the Apple store if you think there is a problem. You could try comparing it to a friends phone to be sure first.

9. Bahroo
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

lol is this serious OP? it is essentially impossible for it to move as there is a cutout in the glass for the camera, and is also bolted to the frame inside and screwed in so it stays in place... is there anything in the way of the front camera when you turn the front camera on..? like if it actually did "truly move" you would see something in the way of the front camera when you have it on

10. Septembersrain
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

Septembersrain

I've seen this happen on other devices across the forums. Don't know if that's common...

11. meysell
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

this happened to my original iPhone 6, just take it to the Apple Store and they'll fix it right up for you! more time was spent criticizing the OP than recognizing the problem in this thread

12. mdlooker
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

mdlooker

Oouu that's grainy. I took a pic with my iPad 2 and :eek: at the difference. Amazing..

13. bddimac27
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

front camera

i have an iphone 5 with the same situation as my camera. i brought my iphone due to the recall from the sleep button and when they diagnosed it they told me that the camera is not centered and they told me that the phone was already previously repaired and they cannot fixed the sleep button because i dont have the warranty anymore. i tried to argue with the apple genius and i told him that i am 100% sure that there is no repair done with my phone and i wouldnt waste my time going to apple store if i already have a third party repair on my phone. they didn't repair it and ending up upgrading to iphone 6 and trade-in my iphone5.

14. Nermal
    Expand Collapse

Nermal

Staff Member

It's not just you. Mine's the same, and I suspect that it was always misaligned and that I simply didn't notice when I first got it.

15. Small White Car
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G4

Small White Car

And so the problem is....?

16. houssein31
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors regular

Hope that's better :$

Attached Files:

17. Givmeabrek
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Sorry, can't stop laughing. :D

This has to be the number 1 thread of all time!!!

Camera moving??? Wow!! I need a drink.....

18. JCCL
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

Dude. Something is definitely wrong. Take it back to the Apple Store right now. At least it didn't move to somewhere over the screen. That would be much worse.

19. Winona Northdakota
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

Both photos look like shadows.

20. Prof., Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014

Prof.
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

Prof.

This is legit, my friend's iPhone 6 had the same problem. I don't think the camera is actually moving, per se, but it definitely a defect. He took it to apple and they replaced the panel for free.

EDIT: I just messaged my friend to tell him about this post, and he says the camera is shifting again on his iPhone. Interesting indeed.

21. JayLenochiniMac
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G4

Lay off the drugs. They're giving you "camera bugs."

22. Essa86
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Here is my iphone6 front camera. I noticed it a while ago. I showed it to the apple rep when I got my 6+ he showed me his iPhone6 and told me it is normal and they can't do anything about it. It didn't bother me since it works fine.

Attached Files:

23. Will2145
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

Will2145

Mine is like that too. I looked at the ones displayed at the Apple Store and mine certainly looked like it moved to the left. Still works though

24. rcckks96
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Mine looks exactly the same! It's been bugging me for a couple weeks. I'm always staring at it trying to figure out if it's just shadows, or if something is off.

25. buntym
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

I don't think any of the above posters understand the OP's problem fully, possibly due to the lack of explanation on his side. He isn't saying that the entire camera module has moved, but simply the sensor + lens has shifted slightly within the enclosure. You can see this because in the Hi-res image he uploaded a few posts ago there is clearly a crescent-shaped gap between the side of the cut-out and his lens. The alignment isn't perfect as it is on most phones, probably due to a manufacturing defect or impact.

Hope that clears things up for you guys.