Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
That's because the OP was poorly worded and we couldn't make sense of the photo until someone pointed out it's actually the foam grommet that moved and not just the lighting.

That's the point of forums like this, for non tech types to post the problems and hopefully there are tech types that will point out what it is which is what happened after the kids posted and as usual showed their (lack of) maturity. Blaming the op's lack of knowledge of something he was posting to gain knowledge on is priceless. I use threads like this to add those to my ignore list.

Some point their prayer rugs toward cuppertino several times a day and cannot accept that there may be a problem with an apple product. This segment goes into attack regularly posting attacks in cases like this. As noted there are some very helpful people that post and know what the problem is but that doesn't stop the mouth breathes from jumping in first.

----------

Mine moves all over the front of the phone. It depends on the day. I hate finding my camera in the bottom of the phone by the home button.

This was probably done by an 8 year old and I see no point in being subjected to his future posts.

----------

Your anal retentiveness is kicking in, isn't it?

This too. Imagine, thinking a 1000.00 phone shouldn't have problems.

----------

Lay off the drugs. They're giving you "camera bugs."

No point in being subjected to yours either..

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I got mine replaced.

the screen isn't as good as before but not terrible. just warmer.

didnt cost me a thing. Glad I did it.

well... I'm sad to say that 2 weeks after the screen was replaced, the infamous crescent moon is back on my facetime camera.

Space grey here.

annoying as hell.

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013
well... I'm sad to say that 2 weeks after the screen was replaced, the infamous crescent moon is back on my facetime camera.

Space grey here.

annoying as hell.

that sucks man.... quality control goin down.

send it back for a brand new one...

davewolfs

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
More than likely they'll just replace the screen which is what they did to my phone. I'm actually glad they just replaced just the screen cause I didn't have to reinstall any apps, pictures and what not.

The last time I recieved a screen replacement from Apple it was extremely prone to scratches. It actually ended up getting a hair line crack as well somehow so I'm not sure if the replacement screens are of the same quality as the original (this was for a 5).

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
The last time I recieved a screen replacement from Apple it was extremely prone to scratches. It actually ended up getting a hair line crack as well somehow so I'm not sure if the replacement screens are of the same quality as the original (this was for a 5).

If you got a hairline crack it means it was defective. Getting a defective replacement screen doesn't mean replacement screens aren't the same quality as retail box units (as you can get duds from both).

musika

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2010
New York
Sorry, can't stop laughing. :D

This has to be the number 1 thread of all time!!!

Camera moving??? Wow!! I need a drink.....

I've actually seen demo units at the Apple Store with this issue. iPhone 6 is not exactly the best-build iPhone so far.

PeterKG

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
After reading this thread and seeing that my iPhone camera had shifted, I made an appointment at the Genius Bar, took it in and the person who helped me said the problem isn't the camera has moved, but the part that holds it in place moves. They replaced the display. It took an hour for it to be serviced.

My display had also picked up hairline scratches at the top and bottom from putting my iPhone in my pocket or pulling it out. I haven't been using a case. None of my previous iPhone displays ever were prone to scratching, but the iPhone 6 certainly is. :mad:

s2smooth4u

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2008
After reading this thread and seeing that my iPhone camera had shifted, I made an appointment at the Genius Bar, took it in and the person who helped me said the problem isn't the camera has moved, but the part that holds it in place moves. They replaced the display. It took an hour for it to be serviced.

My display had also picked up hairline scratches at the top and bottom from putting my iPhone in my pocket or pulling it out. I haven't been using a case. None of my previous iPhone displays ever were prone to scratching, but the iPhone 6 certainly is. :mad:

Damn that sucks. When I brought mine into the store they said they would fix it in a hour but instead they came up with a replacement phone. I guess I got lucky

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida

Do u have other things in your pocket with phone like keys etc?

PeterKG

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
Damn that sucks. When I brought mine into the store they said they would fix it in a hour but instead they came up with a replacement phone. I guess I got lucky

I was fine with a display replacement. There was no need to get a replacement phone. Nothing else was wrong with it. I also have Applecare+ and expect to replace at least two times if I inflict damage not covered under warranty.

Do u have other things in your pocket with phone like keys etc?

No. Nothing but the iPhone. This is honestly the first iPhone prone to light scratching. There must be something different about the glass or coating. That or the straight edges of the previous iPhones deflected pocket stitching or other rough surfaces when pulling the iPhone from a pocket.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
I was fine with a display replacement. There was no need to get a replacement phone. Nothing else was wrong with it. I also have Applecare+ and expect to replace at least two times if I inflict damage not covered under warranty.

No. Nothing but the iPhone. This is honestly the first iPhone prone to light scratching. There must be something different about the glass or coating. That or the straight edges of the previous iPhones deflected pocket stitching or other rough surfaces when pulling the iPhone from a pocket.

That's strange, because the screen on the 6/6+ supposed to be more scratch resistance than previous iPhone's. There is a lot of videos on YouTube supporting this, there is one in particularly where this guys took a Rambo looking knife to the screen and wasn't able to scratch it. But was able to scratch the back of the phone pretty easily. When I bought both 6/6+ back in September, I ordered ZAGG HDX screen protectors, to give the glass some shatter & scratch protection. Anyway sorry to hear about the scratches on your screen, I can deal with a few scratches on the body of the phone. But the screen is a different story, that would be very irritating for me.

eclipsevv

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2012
I'm having the same problem.

yCwEEOG.jpg

The white film is still not covering the lens (you can see the light reflection ends just slightly before it), so it's still a cosmetic issue. But, if it progresses, it will cover part of the lens soon.

The iPhone (a 128GB Space Grey iPhone 6) is otherwise PERFECT, with a perfect screen and zero crashes or problems whatsoever. So, I'm not exchanging it unless it becomes worse. I rarely use the front camera anyway.

The phone is covered by Applecare+, so I can wait to see what happens (or eventually exchange it just before reselling the phone).

CYKBC

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2014
So the obvious question. For those that got replacement phones any of you still seeing the moon?

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Holy cow, I never even noticed that my space grey 6 had this same problem until I saw this thread.

Bizarre, and inexplicable.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
can people that get their phones replaced/screen replaced post back and tell us if you see the problem coming back in two weeks?

if not, then i'll venture to get mine replaced also.

thanks.

RO.9.2

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2015
can people that get their phones replaced/screen replaced post back and tell us if you see the problem coming back in two weeks?

if not, then i'll venture to get mine replaced also.

thanks.

Tbh it's not worth doing, I've had one screen replacement, which they did a shocking job as the screen wasn't fitted properly, then 2 further device replacements. Im averaging 1 per month. They confirmed to me it was the foam moving. I guess Im just unlucky. using space grey 64gb if anyone else is in the same boat.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Tbh it's not worth doing, I've had one screen replacement, which they did a shocking job as the screen wasn't fitted properly, then 2 further device replacements. Im averaging 1 per month. They confirmed to me it was the foam moving. I guess Im just unlucky. using space grey 64gb if anyone else is in the same boat.

I got mine replaced 3 weeks ago. now its almost as bad as it once was.
piece of crap.

128gb space grey - $1000!!!!!!!

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I got mine replaced 3 weeks ago. now its almost as bad as it once was.
piece of crap.

128gb space grey - $1000!!!!!!!

It's clear that they're just replacing them and haven't implemented a permanent fix. While it may be annoying, it doesn't affect the front camera function one iota so the wise thing to do would be to replace it at the 11 month mark and perhaps by that time they will have found a fix.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
by posting this i'm sure it's going to immediately cause the problem to come back, but i've had my replacement phone for more than 2 weeks and haven't had the problem show up in the new phone yet. i will have had this new one for exactly one month tomorrow. and it was apparently manufactured in november. week 45 i think.

Last edited:

CYKBC

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2014
Just got mine back screen replaced on black iPhone six. They did a good job. Rep says they use some sort of machine?

Most of the black 6 models had varying levels of crescent at two Apple stores I visited. Absolute sht by Apple. So much for Apple quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.