Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 31, 2006
London Town
Help!

I can no longer play any movie files from my external HD through Front Row. It shows everything on my external HD - movies and TV shows - but simply won't play them when I click on them. It was working just fine yesterday :(

Anybody have any ideas as to what I should do?!? I can still play everything through iTunes, and given that Front Row is just another interface for iTunes, this really baffles me :confused:

Thanks

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
Help!

I can no longer play any movie files from my external HD through Front Row. It shows everything on my external HD - movies and TV shows - but simply won't play them when I click on them. It was working just fine yesterday :(

Anybody have any ideas as to what I should do?!? I can still play everything through iTunes, and given that Front Row is just another interface for iTunes, this really baffles me :confused:

Thanks

actually its all interfaces for quicktime.
anyways does anything happen when you try to play?

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 31, 2006
London Town
actually its all interfaces for quicktime.
anyways does anything happen when you try to play?

I get the spinny circle thing for about a second, and then nothing. Nothing shows up in the preview square either :(

Edit: I should add that it doesn't even attempt to access my external HD - no sound is made at all...

3nm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
are other files accessible on the ext drv?

I get the spinny circle thing for about a second, and then nothing. Nothing shows up in the preview square either :(

Edit: I should add that it doesn't even attempt to access my external HD - no sound is made at all...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.