Front Row Enabler crashes my start-up

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Bobdude161, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

I just upgraded to 10.4.8 just today and was looking around the internetz and found an app called Front Row Enabler on pure-mac.com. The description said that it works on all Macs with 10.4.5 and above. It said that it makes the Front Row application availible for use, easy as that. Well i installed it and voila! I restarted and my Mac fails to load anything after the "Starting Mac OS X" screen. Just a nice blue screen of death :p . Well I got the problem fixed with an 10.4.8 Upgrade Combo Installer. But the real question is, is there any way I can use Fron Row with my Mac (see my sig fool).

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Mate, I think it's against forum rules to answer your question. Nevertheless, I have seen many problems with people trying to get this to work. Might be best to leave it alone. :)

3. semaja2 macrumors 6502a

It does work, well tested on someones iBook :p just make sure you use the latest versions and read the guys blog to see any breaking news about it.

4. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

this hack has been known to cause all sorts of problems (disappearing menu bars, etc.)

I would defiinitely avoid it. There's free software from Equinix that does something almost exactly the same way, but the whole concept is pretty impractical i feel.

Browsing to the media file is just so much faster, without entering FR.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Front Row will be bundled in with 10.5, so you should just wait till the release of the new version of OSX. As for getting Front Row to run now, anything that hacks around to get it to work on unsupported software is going to cause problems - it's really not worth the hassle.

6. Bobdude161 thread starter macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

I thought it was a legitimate question if it was offered for download on a legitimate website (www.pure-mac.com) . Guess not. :p

Hmm yes I HAVE seen that comment somewhere. Something about Bays with Pirates in them. Hmmm can't remember the name. Oh well.

You said it all. Case closed.