Front row full screen?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by VCH, Jun 9, 2006.

1. VCH macrumors newbie

Hi, I need help getting some of my self-made movies and some music videos to play in widescreen mode. I basically want to expand the image to fill the screen. I realise the resolution will remain the same and I will get a slightly more distorted image, but all the same I would like to do this. Are there front row preferences anywhere? I haven't been able to locate them on my 20" intel iMac. Yhanks.

2. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

Not sure if I understand what you are asking but if your videos play in QuickTime just drop them in the ~/Movies folder, launch FrontRow and select Movies>Movies and they will play fullscreen.

EDIT: I think I understand now. Download VLC open your video and select Video>Aspect Ratio from the menu bar and change it to 16:10 (or 16:9 I'm not sure what the iMac screen is) and then hit Command+F to go to full screen. It will be slightly distorted but there will be no letterboxing.

3. VCH thread starter macrumors newbie

I see how I can change the aspect ratio with VLC, thanks. But how can I permanently change video's aspect ratio so that when I open the mpg file with front row movie player it plays at 16:9 ratio. As it stands right now when I open some files with front row the video plays in a 4:3 aspect. I want to make all my videos play at 16:9 using front row.