Front Row integrated in hardware?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DsurioN, Jan 7, 2007.

1. DsurioN macrumors regular

DsurioN

Wouldn't it be neat if Apple integrated Front Row directly into the hardware, so one could launch media with the apple remote without booting up? This would be similar to the "quick play" option on many notebooks and would provide a truly complete media experience. What are your thoughts on this...

2. tvguru macrumors 6502

I dunno, my MacBook Pro never shuts off. So it wouldn't make a difference for me, but I suppose there is no reason not to. Although, I don't know what would be required or how hard it would be technologically for them to do it. One thing would be if it's hard wired would they be able to upgrade it as they see fit?

Edit: Welcome to MacRumors

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That would be a nice addition to the portables. I'm not sure about putting all those controls on the outside, though, the way the Windows machines have them. You'd have to remember to take the remote control with you, unless they could provide a slot for it.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Maybe they'll let you use the Apple mobile phone (aka iPhone) as a remote, that way you'll be sure to carry it around with you. :p

B

5. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

great idea! it might not be that quick though, it still has to access your hard drive to find those media files.

6. tombarnes macrumors 6502

tombarnes

I think this is the idea of iTV, hich will hopefully be unveiled tomorrow at MACWORLD!

Cheers!

Tom :)

7. DsurioN thread starter macrumors regular

DsurioN

Yes, this is similar to the iTV... But it would be nice to have it in your mac as well.