Front Row & iPod Updates?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jovian9, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Were we not supposed to get Front Row and iPod updates yesterday? I thought they were already to go. I keep checking but have not had any luck. I'm really hoping that some of the lag in loading videos/music on my iPod goes away with the next update.

2. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

I would imagine Front Row updates because isnt the new networking Front Row new? If it is, then there should be an update soon. Also, iTunes 6.0.4 should come out soon, its already on the website mentioning it.(see below) As for iPod updates, I might expect one due to the release of the iPod Hi-fi but I wouldn't expect this release for maybe a couple days.

Attached Files:

3. DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

according to MR's live coverage of the event, Steve asked when they were ready and he was told they already are.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Front Row and iTunes update just appeared for me in Software Update.

Attached Files:

• SU.png
      SU.png
      File size:
      60.1 KB
      Views:
  5. brogers macrumors regular

I got an iPhoto 6.0.2 as well.....

Did not know that one was coming.

br

6. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

How do I get the update if I have frontrow on an ibook?

7. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You probably don't. As far as Apple are concerned you have a pirate copy that breaks their license agreement. Tough luck if you can't update.

8. brogers macrumors regular

Front Row seems to be much smoother. Is it just me?

br

9. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Wow. I think I just had my fastest restart ever. 18 seconds! Everything seems fine after the download....though I haven't tried FrontRow yet.

10. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

FrontRow is still pretty slow....and for the first time ever I can't access movie trailers b/c it can't connect to the server.

11. Pine-Tree macrumors member

Pine-Tree

I suppose it's only fair to explain how I got this to install on a non-IR Remote equipped mac. Download the update file from Apple's website. When it downloads and the Disk Image mounts, drag the FrontRowUpdater.mpkg to the desktop. Then option+click on it and select "Show Package Contents". Double click the "Contents" folder. Then open FrontRowUpdate.dist in a text editor (like Text Edit). Look for function installationCheck(). Right below it you want to delete everything from "if" to "return true;" so it looks like

function installationCheck()
    {
    }

function volumeCheck()

Save that file. Now you can double-click on the updater on the Desktop and Front Row will be available. This is assuming that you had the old version of Front Row already running. If not, download Front Row Enabler (from the link up top) and run the second option ignoring the first one.

http://wdanielryan.com/new-front-row-from-apple

seek and you shall find...

12. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

ive installed the new front row, i had two problems my applets dissapeared then i installed the last osx 10.4.5 update again and it restored my applets. 2. front row is faster, but shared music is not coming up under the itunes option. If someone has actually installed it sucessfully could they let me know do you have to enable itunes music sharing in itunes for this to take a effect? if you would like to email me you can at jmwest@mac.com