Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yogi477

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2002
England
I have just got my new iMac but I am having trouble with front row. I have transferred my music from my old powerbook using migration assistant and it all works in iTunes but when I use front row I am told I am not authorised to play the song (even though I am signed into my account on iTunes and most of the songs I try are not bought from there anyway).

Any Ideas? Apple support is closed today :(

I tried changing permissions by the way and repairing

howesey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2005
yogi477 said:
I have just got my new iMac but I am having trouble with front row. I have transferred my music from my old powerbook using migration assistant and it all works in iTunes but when I use front row I am told I am not authorised to play the song (even though I am signed into my account on iTunes and most of the songs I try are not bought from there anyway).

Any Ideas? Apple support is closed today :(

I tried changing permissions by the way and repairing
Did you buy the music off iTunes Music Store?

If you did, you need to authorise your computer as the files make use of DRM.

yogi477

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2002
England
howesey said:
Did you buy the music off iTunes Music Store?

If you did, you need to authorise your computer as the files make use of DRM.

Some yes, some no, but I have authorised it and the songs play in iTunes, just not through front row, even the ones that i have encoded from my own cds.

arcobb

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2005
Colorado
I had the same issue, Front Row wouldn't play my songs that were non-iTunes music store songs as well... I'll I had to do was play a couple of them in iTunes and then Front Row worked fine... hope this helps!

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I would just try rebooting, because technically Front Row is just a graphic shell. All it's doing when it plays music is opening iTunes in the background.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.