Front Row Lagging

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Genoa12, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Genoa12 macrumors newbie

Jul 9, 2006
    What would be the reason for my front row lagging when i go specifically to the video section. It just hangs there for about 20 seconds and then goes again fine. I have restarted and repaired disk permissions and nothing seems to work. Do any of you have any insight as to what might be causing the hanging.
  2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Oct 3, 2005
    Nelson, BC. Canada

Is it consistently hanging, or just when you first launch Frontrow?

Frontrow opens applications in the background, depending on what you're looking at, for example iPhoto, iTunes and perhaps Quicktime Player... there's usually a lag initially, but smoother from then on... once the apps are up and running.
  3. Genoa12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 9, 2006
    it is consistently lagging, from the main front row menu if i go into the videos section it just hang there every time and then is fine afterwards. even if i got back to the oringal screen and try again it still hangs.
  4. krestfallen macrumors member

Oct 27, 2005
    do you own a ppc mac?
    i have the same "problem" on my powerbook g4 with frontrow.
  5. Killyp macrumors 68040

Jun 14, 2006
    lol I could imagine you calling up Apple and tell them that. I don't think they'd be that pleased :rolleyes:
  6. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

Feb 2, 2006
    Kennesaw, GA
    mine seems to lag too but only when moving backwards. i have to press the menu button on the remote or the esc button at least 4 times for each slide when i move backwards through the menu.
  7. krestfallen macrumors member

Oct 27, 2005
    *lol* well, did you see the quotes at "problem" :p
    well if it runs on ppc, why not ;) okay, okay i murdered my system with the enabler (is it allowed to mention it here?) and 10.4.8 but hey customization is fun.

well it seems like a normal behavior of frontrow. it reads the files when entering the category. with just a few movies in the list i didn't notice any lag.
  8. mfInc macrumors member

Nov 19, 2006
    Toronto / Hamilton, ON (CAN)
    I seem to have this problem too. At first I was very enthusiastic about Front Row but now it is just a pain to use. It hangs around the videos section.

When you click on movies it waits for about 20-30 seconds before showing you the movies in your 'movies' folder and even then it lags when navigating up and down.