Front Row (non iTunes Music Videos??)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ckeck, Apr 17, 2006.

1. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

I have a question about how iTunes sorts the music videos. I have purchased a few music videos from iTunes and imported all my downloaded music videos into iTunes as well.

My problem is - the only music videos that show up in Front Row are my purchased ones from iTunes. All my other music videos show up under "movies" or something, even though they are imported into iTunes.

Any ideas or a fix? This is really annoying...thanks!

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

jUst right click on the video in iTunes, go under options, and change it from movie to Music Video.

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Another program that might work for you is Lostify if you're running iTunes on a Mac (which since you're using FrontRow I'm assuming you are).

Not sure if this applies to Koodauw's suggestion or not.

Q: Looks like iTunes 6.0.2 added the ability to mark files as TV Shows. Is Lostify now irrelevant?

A: No. iTunes 6.0.2 lets you mark files as TV Shows, but it does so only in the iTunes database, not in the meta-data embedded in the video itself. If you remove the file from iTunes and add it again, it will show up as a regular Movie. Also, iTunes 6.0.2 does not let you set any of the other TV Show-specific metadata (Show, Season, etc.), so the videos still cannot be organized into series and season (either in iTunes or on the iPod).

4. ckeck thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Oh geez...thanks a lot for the tip!