Front Row problem: This song cannot be played.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 35degrees, May 19, 2006.

1. 35degrees macrumors newbie

May 19, 2006
    I have a 1.83Ghz MacbookPro.

In Front Row, whenever I go to any song or album, it says "This song cannot be played" (just like the movie trailers said "Cannot connect to the server" before the recent update.) I hit play and go back between 3 and 6 times before the song finally plays. This happens across my entire music library.

I use Synergy, but the problem occurs whether synergy is running or not. Even though the song eventually plays, it is very annoying, particularly when I'm trying to show off Front Row to non-Mac users. Any thoughts? Thanks.
  2. noall666 macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2006
    frontrow problem. itunes cannat play my songs!

Wow, someone with the same problem, so me too, i did install frontrow on my mac mini, looks good, but when i go to play a song , anysong, using front row, it says cannot play thatsong, any song i cant play, why is this, i havent tried to do it a few times, i going to try right now, lets see if that works....but even if it does, how will a remote be able to do this then, i am looking at the rf one by keyspan. or my old nokia phone using sallie clicker... anyways, help me get this thing to play my music, oh its a mac mini, just installed frontrow from escobors webpage on how to do it properly.... using 10.4.6.....
    please help...
  3. sewerhobo macrumors newbie

Oct 19, 2005
    Perhaps this helps...

I just had a similar problem after ripping a few CDs to my MacBook. Front Row complained that the computer was not authorized to play the song.

Quick solution: Open iTunes, and select all songs. Right click and click on convert ID3 tags. I choose 2.4, and that cleared up my issues.
  4. bergpaul macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2006
    Front Row not playing certain AAC files

I have tried to convert the ID3 tags as suggested, however iTunes does not let me convert these for AAC files. How can I solve this problem since all my files are in AAC format and Front Row refuses to play some of them even though these were unprotected, self ripped, files.