Front Row problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by De4dLast, May 29, 2006.

1. De4dLast macrumors newbie

I guess I could expand a little beyond on the title, but it won't be long: front row refuses to start.

I'm pretty sure all traces of front row are surreptitiously imbedded deep within osx, and I have no idea why it doesn't show. Press menu, wait, wait... nothing... Im a mac noob, it's not my batteries, or at least I don't think it is, volume, pause, next, and back all seem to work fine,any ideas:confused:

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

3. kildraik macrumors 6502a

kildraik

Well, to chack and make sure it's not battery, then hit Apple + Esc. at the same time. That's the Front Row shortcut. If that doesn't work, check for any updates and such, but if ll else fail, try and re-install OS X.:eek:

4. De4dLast thread starter macrumors newbie

Restarting doesn't work, software is updated, OSx was reinstalled but still have problems. I checked the battery, I've only had the computer for about a month now, so I don't know why it would be. I can awake the computer from sleep by pressing the menu button, just nothing happens afterwords. Albeit, I have't actually gone and replaced the battery yet, I just wanted to clarify my cirumstance a bit to save me a trip and 10 dollar expendature on a potential cause of my problem, thanks so far for the help!

5. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Well, if the remote functions with the exception of envokng Front Row, then it is clearly not a problem with a battery in the Remote. The system has becomes corrupt at some level. Since the computer is new, I suggest calling Apple Care.

6. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

repair permissions and reboot that bad boy :cool:

you'll be front rowing again in no time:D

7. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Repairing permissions is in a state of question right now, in regards to how useful this actually is. It is much more effective to pop in your install DVD that came with your Mac, shut down, boot up holding down the "C" key and launch Disk Utility from the drop down menu bar. Then, select the option to repair you HDD. This will return much better results.