Front Row: Video Podcast show up in Movies

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Flyinace2000, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Sep 28, 2004
    Title says it all. When i launch front row my under Movies -> Movies, lists video podcast i have. Why? All i want it to list there are movies i bought on iTunes (none) and movies i have ripped from DVD. Thanks
  2. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

Mar 6, 2006
    Same for any type of "movie". Whether it's music videos, podcasts, tv shows, or'll still show up in the movie section of Front Row.
  3. sigamy macrumors 65816

Mar 7, 2003
    NJ USA
    I haven't used Front Row seems as though it is reading your Movies folder and your iTunes library. Try removing one video podcast from iTunes and see if it is then removed from Front Row.

If this is a strict requirement of yours you may have to look at some of the other media center apps. There are a few in various stages of maturity. I also have an Apple Script that will launch DVD Player feeding it a VIDEO_TS folder. You can get DVD Jacket covers as icons and attach the script to each DVD Jacket and just use Finder for an interface. PM me if you are interested.

All of these alternatives are probably going to take more time than simply skipping past the content you don't want to view while in Front Row. Or better yet, create a smart playlist in iTunes that only gets the content you want "where genre not podcast", etc.
  4. Flyinace2000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 28, 2004
    I have video podcasts showing up in both the "Movies" and "Video Podcasts". Is that a correct behavior?
  5. tomacintosh macrumors regular

Aug 25, 2005
    Well my video podcasts do not show up in the top directory of the Video's section in Front Row, but they are all under the Video Podcast directory as expected