Front Row Woes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sunfast, Jun 22, 2006.

1. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Couple of bizarre things happening with front row on my MacBook tonight.

The first, and minor, problem is that if I launch Front Row whilst playing something in iTunes, selecting "Now Playing" from the Music Menu doesn't work properly. It says "Now Playing" at the top and has the progress bar at the bottom but doesn't show album art / song info. It just has the menu options from the previous screen.

The major problem is that if I try and select music in any way through FrontRow (i.e. it's not allready playing in iTunes) it says I have no music in my iTunes library! This is clearly rubbish as if I exit FrontRow I can happily play all my music in iTunes. My iTunes music folder is on an External HDD but I've never had this problem before and my iTunes music folder is set correctly in iTunes preferences.

Got me really really confused this one. Any thoughts? :confused:

Cheers!

2. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

As for the problem with FrontRow not recognizing your music library, try a simple repair permissions in Disk Utility and reboot to see if that clears things up.

3. sunfast thread starter macrumors 68020

sunfast

Spot on! Cleared up the other problem as well. Thanks! :)

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

the only thing about frontrow is how slow it is

5. sunfast thread starter macrumors 68020

sunfast

You're not wrong. Why is it so slow?

6. dhc macrumors regular

Do you think this might be addressed in 10.4.7? or is more likely it''ll receive a dedicated upgrade?

7. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

i put it on my powerbook, got salling clicker and a razr to control it and everything, and played around with it, but its no good because after leaving front row (its still running, just in the background) it continues to use about 70% of my processor cycles til i kill it with activity monitor or terminal.

8. howesey macrumors 6502a

... and now you will get your account closed by the mods for talking about warez software.

9. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

How much RAM do you have in your machine?

10. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

and now youre threatening me.

running front row on non-front row macs has been discussed on these boards at length, with far more detail than what i posted.
    oh, and since i've never seen or agreed to a EULA for front row, i haven't done anything illegal by using it in this manner, and i therefore haven't posted about doing anything illegal.

11. sunfast thread starter macrumors 68020

sunfast

Only 512mb at the mo (soon to be 2GB). I know that'll slow it down, but I still think it's pretty lame how slow it runs at the moment.